17

Chapter 17

I wasn't upset with Andrew, he handled his ex well. Me? I would have ran away if Khaya would have invaded our lunch. Qha I was bored with him trying to explain it, we were both engaged to people before we decided to get married. That's the burden we both carry.
Me" Which one?"
I asked Andrew trying to decide on a dress for tonight.
Andrew" The brown dress"
Me" Shoes?"
Andrew" Nude heels"
Me" Hair? Up or down?"
Andrew" Definitely up"
" You look gorgeous"
Me" Enough to eat me up afterwards?"
Andrew" Definitely"
" I love you, you know that right?"
Me" I love you too baby"
" Please tell me you are wearing a different jacket"
Andrew" Then I'd be lying"
" You'll wear it anyway later"
Me" You have different jackets, why this one?"
" I am sure at Cape Union Mart they know you by name because there's no way someone can own 5 puffer jackets from the same brand"
Andrew" You and the kids also have K-way jackets"
Me" You bought them for us"
Andrew" It's a great brand. And to avoid your racial discrimination. I'll wear the denim jacket"
Me" Thank you and it's stereotype"
Andrew" Imagine I made a joke about black women being gold diggers"
Me" Won't be offended"
Andrew" Yea right"
" Let's just go"
Me" Are you seriously angry at me because I asked you to not wear that jacket?"
Andrew" Yes!"
Me" Hay noba uthwele ngayo"
Andrew" I hate it when you do that"
Me" Take off your pants"

#

We arrived at Bongi's dinner a lot late because Andrew and I fuck a lot. Yea, that's the problem.
Cebo" We'll thank you for finally gracing us with your presence"
Me" It's not your party tsek"
Andrew" We had to wait for my parents to take the kids. Sorry"
Me" Happy birthday Bonginkosi"
Sima" This reminds me of when we all found out Zoey's name is actually Zola"
" Hahahaha the way everyone was so confused"
Me" Hahaha Cebo remember in high school? I was head girl, the day of the announcement they called me Zola instead of Zoey and when I got up everyone laughed at me thinking I heard our principal wrong"
Songezo" Wait, so no one knew your name even at school?"
Me" No because my Dad called me Zoey and when he wrote everything out he always referred to me as Zoey. I never used the name Zola"
" I know it's my name but it's strange to me when someone calls me by that name"
Andrew" Hahaha wait so what's Bongi's name?"
Bongi" Babongile"
" It means they said thank you, I am the only girl"
Me" Cebo is just Cebo, Sima is Simamkele"
Songezo" I hate it when we are invited to your reunions because we can't even get a word in"
Me" Hahah sorry"
We had supper then exchanged gifts.
Andrew" Zoey and I would like to have your after party in our home"
" There's enough room for everyone"
Cebo paid the bill and we all left.

#

The weekend ended on such a fun note, Andrew had a meeting Monday morning and a busy day at the office. So I decided to call Lungi because I missed her .
Me" I wanna come visit"
Lungi" Nini?"
Me" Ngoku"
Lungi" uzolala?"
Me" Yes, I miss you"
Lungi" I'll make amagwinya and amanqina"
Me" Yes!!! Ndiyeza"
" Need to call Mama ka Andrew"
I quickly ended the call;
Mrs Walsh" Zoey, is there something wrong?"
Me" Would you mind fetching them today?, my father and I have an appointment Tuesday morning in George so I am thinking I should drive down now and beat the traffic"
Mrs Walsh" That shouldn't be a problem, we will go watch movies and let Drew rest because Luna will bully him and be the parent"
Me" Hahaha thank you so much Debra, I will be back tomorrow"
Mrs Walsh" Then is girls can go the spa"
Me" Sounds like a plan"
We get along now, she is a mama bear like me, she would do anything to protect Drew and she loves her grandchildren. I respect that.

#
Quickly packed an overnight bag and called Drew.
Me" I am driving to George, your parents will take the kids for the night and there's frozen lasagna but if you don't want that call me and I'll get something delivered for you"
Andrew" Hey, drive safe, is everything fine?"
Me" Yes, need to sort out something"
Andrew" I love you call me when you arrive"
Me" I will and I love you too"
Andrew" Later then"
My phone chimed and it was a text from my Dad;

" Khawuleza ufike"

#

I don't speak about Mavu well because I don't really know him enough to speak about him. Our age difference is what makes us being siblings a little hard. My Dad and Lungi have son, he is younger than Luna and well way younger than me obviously. I remember this one thing I said I am the only child and Sima said " Bitch you have a brother" I am literally 9 years old. He lives with his gran in Mthatha where Lungi is from. He never wants to visit me and I don't blame him because our age makes shit weird and Luna plays with him but Luna is weird as hell and moody. But they got along. Wait I am going off topic.
" Mafungwatshe"
My father said when I walked in.
Me" Family!!! Where's mom?"
Dad" Can we for a second, just bond? At least pretend you are visiting me not Lungi"
Me" What's wrong?"
Dad" Hay ndakubetha"
Me" Hahaha I missed you, what's for supper?"
Dad" Zoey, yes Lungi cooked for you"
Me" Hahaha ndadlala nawe"
Dad" Your brother is here"
Me" Oh okay"
Dad" You are babysitting, mna no Lungi siyazikhupha"
Me" Babysitting Mavu?"
" Isn't he supposed to be in Mthatha"
Dad" He lives here now, I told you this"
Me" You did"
Dad" Yes"
Me" I am so confused"
Dad" Why ungamfuni uMavu?"
Me" Hehake"
Dad" He is your brother"
Me" I know"
Dad" I love you Zoey but one day Mavu will need you. Because I won't be here forever, and I worry about how you treat your little brother"
Me" I buy Mavu clothes and he spent his December holidays with us"
Dad" Ndithetha nawe, wena"
" You love his mother but don't love him?"
Me" Xa bekutheni?"
" I feel like you are attacking me on something that isn't true"
Dad" Ndicela uhambe no Mavu, bond with him ke, go watch movies or whatever then thina sohlala apha"
Me" Does Mavu want to hangout with me"
Dad" They all don't think you can handle it but I have cancer"
" I would love to die knowing that you and your little brother will take care of each other"