4

Chapter 4

" excuse the mess"
Was the first thing but chiiile, this mess was inexcusable.
Andrew" Your father called"
Me" I gave him your number"
Andrew" Why can't you look at me?"
" I am not taking away Luna from you, I just want to meet her"
Me" I don't trust that"
Andrew" How come you never told your father that I suspected you were pregnant and you took the test because I told you so? He is so sure that I left you pregnant and went to America"
Me" You didn't look for me"
Andrew" How the fuck was I to look for you? I knew you as Zoey! Imagine my shock when I learned your name is actually Zola!"
" you ditched me, and you decided to take away something from me"
Me" I saved you"
Andrew" From what?"
Me" I didn't want to ruin your life"
Andrew" Like I ruined yours?"
Me" I love Luna. My life isn't ruined by her"
Andrew" Mine would have been perfectly fine with her too!"
Me" You wanted Harvard!"
Andrew" Bullshit! I wanted you! I loved you! I chose some shit varsity in PE so I can be near you! My mother wanted Harvard but I wanted you"
Me" You didn't love me"
Andrew" I loved you and you knew it too"
" There's no justification for what you did"
Me" I don't regret what I did Drew! And I don't think you understand"
Andrew" You have 3 months to tell her about me"
Me" Or what?"
Andrew" You don't want to find out"
Me" Threatening me already?"
Andrew" No, this is a promise"
" Goodnight Zoey"

#

It's been 3 weeks since the Cape Town trip, it has been back to regular programming for Luna and I. Well we had the Andrew cloud hanging over me but well, we move.
" Zoey!!!!!!!"
She shouted, I am always late but today it's justified. I have a date. Luna has a play date with Sima's cousin.
Me" Dude, you need to stop shouting"
Luna" You really are always late"
Me" I am looking for my shoes"
Luna" You have a million shoes"
Me" Please go fetch your jacket and pack some snacks because Sima is coming from the hospital, I doubt she has anything prepared"
Luna" Okay"
She went away and I quickly changed out of what I was wearing and I wore tight wrap off the shoulder dress and black heel court shoes.
" Where are you going?"
I didn't even notice her until she spoke.
Me" Supper with a new friend"
Luna" Okay, let's go"
Me" Do you like my dress?"
She nodded then smiled, Sima arrived 5 minutes later she was still in scrubs.
Sima" Lu go to the car, Khayone is in there"
She gave me a hug
" You smell amazing and you look good too"
Me" You look exhausted"
Sima" I am, they watch each other while I sleep"
Me" That doesn't sound promising"
Sima" Trust me"
" Go have fun"
Me" Call me if it gets hectic"
Sima" I have six siblings, I can handle hectic"

#

" Hey, are you busy?"
I asked him
Andrew" What's wrong?"
Me" Nothing, Luna turns 8 next weekend"
" We will visit you in Cape Town, just warn your wife. I'll be in a hotel"
Andrew" I am not married and I will be in KZN the entire week next week, I have a farm ranch in Ashburton. I'll get a driver to pick you up from the airport"
Me" Okay"
Andrew" Thank you"
Me" Okay, goodnight"
Andrew" Goodnight Zee"

#

I had fun with my date, I actually let myself have fun and forget about everything else in this world. We both didn't want to go home afterwards, so he took me out for ice cream and we continued to chat. He made me laugh and I spoke about Luna, he laughed at our dynamics. We kissed, I enjoyed that. We didn't have sex, he however drove behind me until I was safe home then drove away without expecting me to ask him to come inside. I changed to sweat shorts, a sports bra my navy UCT hoodie and my favorite white/grey New Balance 550 sneakers.
" I am on my way"
I texted Sima and she replied;
"No, the kids are sleeping. Just find other ways to occupy yourself"
She replied and I texted back;
"Like what?"
And she texted back;
"Don't be weird. Just do whatever the fuck you want. It's Saturday, you are home without Luna, it's literally 9pm. Just do whatever but don't come here"
Another text popped up
"Switching off my phone. You weirdo"
I giggled, my phone rang and it was Andrew which confused me because ufuna ntoni.

" What if she hates me?"
He said
Me" Luna? She is incapable of that"
Andrew" Will she think I neglected her?"
Me" I don't know what she will think but I will tell her you didn't know about her "
Andrew" I can be in Cape Town tomorrow morning"
Me" We are in PE and she is at a sleepover, I still have to speak to her"
Andrew" I am worried you'll run again"
Me" I won't run"
Andrew" I bought some clothes and I got my assistant to arrange an interior designer for her room"
" What does she like"
Me" The ocean"
Speaking to Andrew it dawn on me the things that he also missed because of him.
Andrew" I have two horses here, do you think she will want to ride?"
Me" She will"
Andrew" I am just nervous"
Me" She will love you. It's easy to love you"
Yep, I definitely love this fool.
Andrew" Goodnight again Zee"
Me" Goodnight Drew"
" I am sorry"
Andrew" So am I"
Me" Promise me no lawyers"
Andrew" I don't know if I can because you are a flight risk"
Me" I will share the custody with you, I will let you get weekends and my father gets holidays"
Andrew" What about my parents? They missed out on 8 years"
Me" What do you want me to do? Marry you so you can see her everyday?"
" Because that's ridiculous"
Andrew" I don't want to marry you anymore, I don't want to date you or fuck you. I just want my daughter. My intentions are clear, I don't think we should stray from that"
Me" It was a joke"
Andrew" Went over my head"
" You hurt me Zoey and I think you have forgotten, it took me a while to get over you and I don't want to go back"
Me" You hurt me too"
" I am starting to move on again"
Andrew" And I am happy for you"
" I'll see you next week"
Me" See you next week"