30

Chapter 30

Reporting live from "indaba zabantu ababini azingenwa"

My husband and I are returning from our holiday in Dubai, we spent the entire week bonding and him bending me over obviously. Yes, when life gives Andrew and i problems, we make a child but I sadly not pregnant this time around. Yet.
Andrew" You know once we get out of this car, our problems are waiting for us"
Me" Those are your children"
Andrew" Hahaha I don't know those babies"
Me" Haha want us to go to a hotel?"
Andrew" Haha be ashamed of yourself"
Me" Fine!"

#

You know when you think people will jump in excitement to see you?. The kids were with my Dad and Lungi, Mavu moved in with Andrew and I beginning of the year because well I don't remember why but he lives here with us.
" Attending this women in businesses thing with your mother at 7pm"
I reminded Andrew, the funny part is both Mrs Walsh and I were housewives yet she is being honored for her contributions in business. Hahaha money? That's all you need.
Andrew" Should I ask Leigh Ann to organize a someone for your hair and makeup?"
Me" If it's not an inconvenience"
Andrew" You know it's not, but you still have to fetch AJ"
Our rules since being "reunited" were simple. Cassandra deals with me. I fetch AJ from Cassandra and she fetched him from the house. Andrew pays maintenance and all the other things, we get the child every weekend.
Me" Literally on my way out, let the stylists go straight my heaven"
I have an entire room that's my walk in closet, the room is basically my department store. It was a gift from Andrew since he has a man cave.
Andrew" I love you, your Dad and I will be watching the game"
Me" I love you too"

#
I looked amazing in my Valentino Adam and Eve dress, my glam squad beat my face to the gods and my weave was laid tight hunny!!!!. My mother in law and I looked like snacks, the evening didn't disappoint. We mingled and I was quite surprised by the number of people that knew me, I need to google Andrew's net worth.
" Zoey?"
I don't want to lie, seeing Bongi caught me off guard but I don't know why I didn't think I'd find her here.
Me" You are pregnant"
I said wasn't my intention to say it but I was shocked to not say it sort of thing.
Bongi" I am"
Me" Congratulations"
I went in for a hug and she backed away, which made sense it's been an entire year.
" Well, I am happy for you"
Bongi" You disappear from the earth and carry on living your life, we watch it on Instagram at least we still have the privilege to bare witness that you are still alive"
Me" A lot happened"
Bongi" I don't doubt that, for us too, you know? It's not just you who goes through things"
Me" I didn't say that, and there was no coming back from what happened!"
" I made a decision that was best for my family"
Bongi" Did you know Sima's mother passed away, surely you saw it because it was on her Facebook but you didn't say anything to her"
" Cebo is a senior accountant at her dream company? That was her Instagram feed and Facebook posts for the entire 5 months. You didn't say anything. Hayke mna sbhanxa! I called you everyday for 6 months, drove to your home after work because I feared something happened when you just stopped speaking. I would buzz that fucken gate and no one would open, went to Andrew's dad funeral and he told me that you were angry at us. I called your parents because I was confused, I don't remember doing anything to you and your Dad just said naye akayazi because you barely say anything anymore"
I looked around us, no one was watching us both tear up.
Me" Cebo slept with Andrew"
Bongi" Wena do you believe that?"
Me" I don't know what to believe"
Bongi" Then why didn't you ask Cebo? Why did you cut us off??"
Me" Sima told me! Wena had roles been reversed buzothini??"
Bongi" I would ask my friend, you have known Cebo longer than any of us. Surely you could have called her"
Me" Bongi!"
" And if she did? Bendi zothini?"
Bongi" Zola! You don't have to stay with Andrew, there was you before there was him. Surely you know there's life outside of your marriage and children. You are allowed to be you without losing them!"
Me" And lose my friends too in the process right?"
" You all knew she slept with him and azange nithethe"
Bongi" If you so badly believe that then you are stupid. And she did sleep with Andrew, in the same fucken bed! You were there, we were all there. The day we all went out for super, and Andrew invited us to your home. Cebo felt guilty because she woke up next to Andrew. You and I took off her clothes, Andrew went to pass out in that room because we were all drunk!!! They never slept with each other because I was sleeping on the couch. Cebo told Sima because when she woke up she was naked, Andrew's watch was there. Him and I had already woken up. She was scared she did something stupid and didn't remember!!! Sima was wrong for telling you half of the story but you were just as wrong for never asking Cebo to explain. I bet deep down even hearing what actually transpired that night, a part of you believes that Andrew slept with her"
" That's not Cebo's problem. That's just what happens when you are married to a cheater"
I wiped my tears and stared at her, I wanted to stop my words I really did but they came out so far.
Me" Well, at least my husband is just a cheater and not an adulterous bastard. You should probably pay your loans before coming for my marriage"
" Or my cheating husband and I could give you a handout because God knows you'll need it"
She laughed
Bongi" Oh baby, I hope they saved your bed Skitland, because the day you actually find out precious Andrew and your Au pair share the same OB-gyn as me you will need to be sedated"
" Ah fuck, I guess I just told you. I guess at the Walsh resident pregnancy and abortions are the motto. How many abortions has Luna had? My child will be a bastard but I thank God she will never be a whore like your daughter"
" Oh and Zoey, don't forget to pick up your dignity on your way out. Nxa!"