32

Chapter 32

Time flew by so quickly, it's like we blinked and it was time for Luna to come back because she was on holiday. Andrew and I shamelessly begged her to come back even if it's for a week.
" She should be landing any minute now"
He said not hiding his excitement, Harry rolled his eyes because he was pissed that he was here instead of being with my parents in George like he wanted.
Me" I can't wait to see her"
Andrew beamed and I let out a small giggled, she is our first. Obviously she is the favorite child. People started crying when they saw their family members, we knew we would spot her with the red hair.
" Zoey!!!!!!"
She shouted and imagine my shock when I saw my little girl with brown hair!!  My daughter was a fucken brunette.
Me" What did you do to your hair???"
Luna" You are freaking out instead of hugging me"
Andrew" Then hug me"
They hugged, I noticed the guy who was standing behind her and Harry burst out laughing.
Me" You knew?"
Harry" She mentioned it"
Me" You are grounded"
Harry" But Mom???"
Me" Lunathi? Indoda?"
I pulled her close and hugged her, she giggled.
Luna" He's never been here and I did tell you I have plans, but you both wanted me here"
Me" Indoda were your plans?"
Luna" No, we both wanted to visit New York sand Granny"
" These are my parents, Zoey and Andrew, and you already know Harry"
Me" Ndizokuphoxa shame"
Luna" My boyfriend Micheal"
Andrew" I need a drink"
Me" Same here"
Harry" Am I still grounded?"
Andrew and I" Yes!!!!"

#

We had a braai at our old home it felt strange being in this house, it belongs to another woman now.
" Reminiscing?"
She said and I smiled at her.
Me" Yea, a lot has changed here"
Luna" He redecorated everything, I understand why he did it"
" I think he didn't want those memories to haunt him everyday and I get that"
Me" I get it too, I would have done the same thing"
" Why did you hide your hair from me?"
Luna" I knew you wouldn't support it"
Me" I thought we don't keep anything from each other"
Luna" This I wanted to enjoy before you judged me for it"
Me" You did it for him?"
Luna" I don't think so"
Me" Then I wouldn't have judged you"
Luna" Its hard being your daughter, and it's not your fault. But it's hard living up to your expectations of me and I just sometimes get so overwhelmed"
Me" It hurts me when you say that, I am not perfect, I just want you to be happy"
Luna" While keeping you happy"
Me" Tuu, I will always support you. I will comment but my love for you knows no bounds"
Luna" I know that's why I also know I have to be perfect"
Me" Then you'll break your back trying to do that, you honestly think my dad jump for joy when I told him I am pregnant with you?. He was livid and I chose to keep you, he supported me during the pregnancy because I was dumb enough to not tell Andrew. My Dad was all I had, and he showed up for me. Even when he was angry, he showed up because he is my father. I don't know how I raised you and I always feared that I would fail you. But then you were born Lu, and everything wrong with the world was right again. You taught me how to be an adult, I don't want you to be perfect, I want you to be happy. I am hard on you because you constantly want to act like an old person and now enjoying your youth, you continue to be hard on yourself because of what happened when you were 17 and that's not your story. I love you and I am proud of you, I was concerned you changed your hair because of a boy or some peer pressure. You could have a thousand piercings and I will still judge you, it's my duty as a parent to judge you"
" Ah! I am really back in this house, nako ndikhala"

#

I love my Dad throughout the entire braai he included Cassandra, he made sure we all remember this is now her home and we are their guests. We all opted out to sleep in a hotel, my father intervened again telling the kids they all remain behind. Only us adults go.
Dad" Nezothe umfazi ka Andrew"
I laughed when he said that because I didn't expect it from him.
Lungi" Nditsho kuwe Zola, she pretends so much and she is so scared of Harry"
Me" Harry never liked her, I am grateful that he finally gets along with his brother"
Dad" Andihlebi, but is Andrew in love with umfazi wakhe?"
Me" I think so"
Lungi" Yeka!! Yeka!!!"
Me" What do you know that I don't?"
Lungi" Goodnight Zoey, Tatakho uyathanda uhleba haha"
I gave them both a hug then went to my room, my phone rang and it was Harry.
" Hello Boy"
I said
" Well, I don't think I am a boy but hello Zoey"
I giggled because it was Andrew
Me" What do you want?"
Andrew" Rude"
" Can't sleep, Luna and her boyfriend are sleeping in the cottage together, I think I am having a panic attack"
Me" Hahaha you are dramatic"
Andrew" Was calling to ask if you mind calling her and just say they shouldn't sleep in the same bed, I need you to do that!"
Me" You want her to hate me?"
Andrew" Yes, call them now"
Me" I am not doing that"
Andrew" How's your boyfriend?"
Me" Harry?"
Andrew" Hahaha yes"
" In his defense he really tried to keep your secret"
Me" Why were you asking about my love life?"
Andrew" Curiosity"
Me" Hahaha you are annoying, goodnight Andrew"
Andrew" I am happy for you"
" I mean it"
Me" Thank you"
Andrew" Okay"
Me" Okay"
He didn't end the call, I also didn't. We were both silent for a while until the line went dead