Chapter 16: Albert P.O.V. When I look At You

"Guess what we'se heard today Albie." Race said. "I'se don't know Racer what ya hear?" Albert said chuckling a bit. "We'se heard a lady talkin bout how she saw a boy jump of da Brooklyn Bridge last night, and den two boys went down ta da docks and jumped in looking fa him, and den four more boys came ta help look, apparently dey found em though." Ike's face was pale the whole time Race explained what had happened last night. That again didn't go unnoticed by Albert and Finch. Race then turned to Ike and said "An you'se know who jumped." Ike's face went as pale as it could get. "What?" Albert and Finch said at the same time. "I uh I.." Ike couldn't even figure out what to say. "Hotshot said dat him and Ace went lookin fa him, and everybody gave up except Ace, and If Ace had found em a minute lata he woulda been dead." Race said while giving Ike the please tell me look. That's when it hit Albert. Spot. Spot jumped. That's why Ike was pale when Race talked about him. Race can't ever know about it. "Uh let's not pressure Ike into talkin Racer, he'll tell us when he can." Albert said trying to get of the topic. "Fine." Race kinda annoyed. Ike mouthed thank you to Albert.

Race soon left room. Ike was about to follow him out, but Finch grabbed his wrist and said "Stay, we'se have ta talk ta ya." This made Ike nervous. "An shut da door." Albert added. Ike shut the door and sat in front of the boys. Finch was still sitting on Albert's lap.

"I'se know who jumped." Albert stated. Finch looked at him surprised. Ike's face went pale again. "It's Spot ain't it?" Albert asked. "What?!" Finch basically shouted. "Shsh lower your voice honey." Finch blushed at that pet name, he always blushed at new pet names that Albert had for him. Ike gave in. "Yes, Spot's da one who jumped." "Ace and Hotshot were watching him on da Bridge not expectin much, but dey saw him jump, dey rushed ta da docks an jumped in." "Afta a few minutes Smokes, Waves, Red, and Dice came ta da docks and asked what was goin on." Dey jumped in lookin fa Spot too, everyone had given up except Ace." "Smokes had ta carry him back, but den Ace saw his hat an rush ova ta it." "He went unda and found da key dat Spot always wears round his neck, it was still hooked ta his neck." "Dey got him up and he was breathin but just barely." Ike finished. 

Albert and Finch had shocked/sad faces. "Wow." was all that Finch could say. "We'se can't tell Racer bout dis, it would break his heart." Albert said. Finch and Ike nodded theirs heads. Ike then left the room.

"Baby, How'd ya know dat it was Conlon dat jumped?" Finch asked curiously. "Well I put da pieces togetha. I'se saw how pale Ike's face got when Race talked bout Spot and da Brooklyn Bridge jump." Albert stated. Finch kissed Albert's cheek and said "You'se really are da smartest person I know babe." Albert blushed but because he's Albert and his superpower is sarcasm and exaggeration, he said "What, that's it?" "A kiss on da cheek?" "Wow, I'se feel so loved." Albert said with a smirk. Finch then changed his position. He was now facing Albert one leg on each side. Finch brought his lips to Albert. He slipped his hands into Albert's fiery red hair. Finch ended the passionate kiss."That beta?" Finch said sounding innocent. "Yea, much beta." Albert said with the widest smile on his face. 

"You know what suga lips, lets go up onto the roof." Albert said. Finch wrapped his legs around Albert's torso. Albert then stood up while holding Finch's legs, he carried Finch all the way up to the roof.

Once they got on the roof Finch laid down, Albert laid/cuddled right next to him. Albert felt like the luckiest person in the world, he had the Newsies, Race, but most importantly Finch. Albert didn't know if he could go on with life without Finch.

Albert start humming something. Then eventually singing it for Finch.

"Everybody needs inspiration
Everybody needs a song
A beautiful melody
When the night's so long'Cause there is no guarantee
That this life is easy Yeah, when my world is falling apart
When there's no light to break up the dark
That's when I, I
I look at you When the waves
Are flooding the shore and I can't
Find my way home anymore
That's when I, I
I look at you When I look at you, I see forgiveness
I see the truth
You love me for who I am
Like the stars hold the moon
Right there where they belong
And I know I'm not alone Yeah, when my world is falling apart
When there's no light to break up the dark
That's when I, I
I look at you When the waves
Are flooding the shore and I can't
Find my way home anymore
That's when I, I
I look at you You appear just like a dream to me
Just like Kaleidoscope colors that
Cover me, all I need
Every breath that I breathe
Don't you know you're beautiful?Yeah, yeah, yeah When the waves
Are flooding the shore and I can't
Find my way home anymore
That's when I, I
I look at you
I look at you You appear just like a dream
To me"

Finch was happy crying. Albert had even teared up a bit. Finch gave Albert a soft kiss on the lips. 

"I love you so much Albie."

I love you more Finchy."

They laid there just enjoying each other's presence, while looking at the beautiful dark star night's beauty.