Chapter 21: Spot P.O.V. Maybe life isn't so bad

Race got off Spot's lap and stood up. Spot did the same. "I'se sorry Spot, but I'se needs ta get back ta Hattan." Spot nodded his head understandingly. "Or you'se coulds spend da night in Brooklyn." Spot said hopeful. Race wanted to stay, but he knew he couldn't. "Sorry Spottie, I'se can't." And with that Race gave Spot a soft kiss on the lips and made his way to Manhattan. 

Spot was a little disappointed that Race couldn't spend the night. Or was it that Race just didn't want to spend the night. Maybe he just said I love you because he felt bad for me. No. Stop thinking like this! He loves you. No he actually doesn't.  Spot grabbed his head with his hands trying to get his mind to stop. His thoughts are killing him. Spot pulled his legs up to his chest, while he starts to cry.

After a few minutes Spot heard the boys coming back out. "Heya Spot! How'd it go wit Racetrack?"Red asked while running towards Spot. The seven boys immediately stopped in their tracks when they saw Spot. They slowly started walking over to him. "Hey Spot, what happened?" Ace asked calmly while sitting down next to him. "Nothin, just me bein paranoid dats all." Spot said threw silent tears. "Well what was you'se bein paranoid bout?" "Dat..Dat..Dat Race don't love me." "Aw Spot, I'se bet he does love ya."Cloth said reassuringly.  "Yea, he even told me's dat but it's hard ta believe it." "WHAT??!!!!" Yelled all seven boys. Spot covered his ears still sensitive to noises. "Sorry." They all said quieter. "But what happened wit you'se and Race?" Hotshot asked wanting to know more than Spot was giving them. "Well I'se kissed him, pulled away, pologized, den he climbed up onto me lap and kissed me, he ran his soft finga's drew me hair. Den he had ta go back ta Hattan." The boys faces were surprised and shocked. Just thinking of Race made Spot's heart go a thousand miles per hour. Spot flopped down on his back onto the road smiling thinking about what he just said. "Dang Spot!" Hotshot basically yelled with a huge smirk on his face. Spot slapped him with his own hat.  They all ended up laughing.

After about an hour or so of just talking and laughing the boys headed back to the lodging house. Once Spot got up to his room he flopped down onto his bed. Boy has it been a night! As Spot thought about all that had happened with Race and his brothers he though that maybe just maybe life isn't so bad.

And with that Spot fell asleep with a smile on his face waiting to see what the next day holds.