𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

([A/T] = Adeptus Title) ([A/N] = Adeptus Name) ([Y/N] = Your Name)

Alatus/Xiao POV:

What?

.

.

.

.... 

I woke up on cold stone. I felt it pricking against my skin. Slowly I got up and looked around. I was in a place I couldn't recognize at all. It looked like some sort of cave..

How much time had passed? One day? Two? Three? I don't know. I was alone down here. I felt no presence at all. 

I felt a headache forming. Right someone had knocked me out. Who? And where are they? I weakly walked around. Every fiber in my body was telling me to stop. 

And then I felt something I knew all to well.

The immense pain of karmic debt. I groaned out in pain. Was it getting worse? Why? Was it because of where I was? What was so special about this place anyway? I felt heavy and fragile just being here. I had to find a way out.

.

.

.

I had been walking around for what seemed like hours and I still hadn't found an exit. This cave seemed so.. closed off.. but if you could get in then you could also get out. There had to be a way. 

The deeper I ventured into the cave the more jumbled and confused my senses got. I thought I smelled something that wasn't there. I didn't sense a cave wall behind me and walked right into it. Face first. From the rock surface, I got a cut across my cheek. It started bleeding. My black and dark green blood started to drip onto the rock floor, painting it in the same color.

It didn't hurt too much. I had felt worse. A lot worse. Both in physical and mental pain. 

.

.

.

.

.

I just kept walking and walking and walking and walking. Never seeing an end. Where was I supposed to go? I walked a little further and then recognized the place where I had woken up! Had I been going in circles? No, I was positive that I had been walking in a straight line the entire way. Did this place have elemental energy and therefore was able to move around or was I going insane?

So many questions, so little answers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

After running around in what seemed like circles, I finally found something I hadn't seen before. It looked like some kind of portal. Blue, green and purple all swirled into one. It was very mesmerizing to look at. This had to be the way out.. right?

I entered since it didn't seem like the place I was in right now had anything else to offer me. 

Was that a mistake? 

.

.

.

.

.

Your POV:

I was running north. Exactly like Verr Goldet had told me. I saw the camp in the distance.. but something was... off about it. As I got closer I realized that all the Hillichurls were gone. Like they had never been there from the start. The only trace left was an odd feeling hanging in the air. I couldn't quite put my finger on what it exactly was. 

It was a heavy feeling. I felt weakened in the presence of it. The weird thing was though, that the aura lead in another direction. Maybe Alatus had followed it too? I could sense that he had been here recently. 

I followed the aura along with Xiao's sent but I kept detecting something else.. a person? Was Alatus with someone? Or was he being followed? No, he would sense it if he was being followed. I have always known that he had good senses. It was almost impossible to sneak up on him. If you managed to do that then it either means that he was distracted by something else or you're really good at concealing your presence.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I had been following this aura the entire night. The sun was shining now. How long until I found Alatus?

Only time will tell.

______________________________________________

See you in the next chapter