Chapter 33

Happy didn't want to go on vacation. He thought he should stick around the clubhouse in case anything happened that he was needed for. Jax assured him they would be fine for a week without him since everything was calm on the home front and everyone they dealt with were happy with them at the moment. She was packing their bags after dinner the night before they were set to leave for Fiji. He was sitting on the couch half-assed watching TV and half way trying to figure out how not to go.

"Everything's packed and ready to go. All we gotta do is get up and get dressed." She said as she entered the living room.

He just grunted at her.

"It's going to be ok. They'llbe fine without you for a week." Ava told him earning another grunt.

She sat down to watch TV with him until it was time to go to bed. She bid him a good night, kissed the top of his head, then walked to her bedroom. He still couldn't figure out why she was so nice to him. Him of all people! He hadn't gotten laid in over a year because he was now married to her. She was cute, he'd admit that, but no thoughts of sex had ever entered his mind with her. Mostly because he was still getting used to having an 'ol lady. She made sure he had a hot meal waiting on him when he came home from work each day. She kept the house nice and clean just like he preferred his living space.

Happy found himself sitting in a first class airplane seat the following day about to head back to Fiji with his wife. He couldn't get out of going and she was very excited about the trip. Happy rolled his eyes when she took a selfie in her seat with a huge smile. "That's dangerous, you know! Letting people know where you're going." he faux scolded her. She just rolled her eyes and posted her selfie with its caption anyways. She was excited for this trip and she wanted everyone to know it! Besides, she knew her family followed her on her social media accounts.

The flight had a little turbulence but was otherwise smooth sailing. They were in first class, thanks to her sister, and enjoying the perks of being there. More leg room which he definitely liked. She took a glass of champagne to sip on during the flight while he took a bottle of beer. He wasn't talking to her which wasn't unusual but she had hoped even after a year, he'd start talking more to her. Especially since they were on vacation together away from everyone else. The flight was long so after she finished her glass, she leaned back, closed her eyes, and went to sleep. He was too paranoid to sleep so he stared out the window most of the flight. He kept his ears open to anything unusual around them. He didn't have a gun with him and he didn't have his brothers to back him up if something went down while they were gone.

When it was announced thatthey were approaching their destination, he shook her awake. She was surprisedthey had arrived already. Her sister had booked them into an all-inclusiveresort and she couldn't wait to try out some of the amenities the resort hadfor them. She also wanted to do some scuba diving again and lounging out on thebeach like they'd done the last time they'd been there. He took their bags andwaited for the resort's shuttle bus to arrive to take them to the resort. She wasimpressed with what she was seeing so far. He just wanted to be left alone witha beer.

They walked into their large hotel room and she smiled. Of course her sister would make sure they had a very nice room overlooking the beach! She stood on the balcony and smiled as she sighed happily. He plopped down in a chair and just watched his wife. She was relaxed and clearly happy going by the smile on her face. Turning around, she found him sitting there watching her. With a smile, she asked what he thought they should do first. He shrugged and said he didn't care. She pouted hoping he'd open up to her some more while they were gone. He suggested she head to the resort's spa while he chilled in their room. She liked his idea so she left him there to head to the spa downstairs. Manicures, pedicures, facials, and a full body massage sounded amazing to her! He took his boots off and got comfortable on the bed to watch some TV until his wife returned.