Chapter 57

The day that Filip had been waiting for finally arrived. Their high school graduation. His mother said he couldn't prospect for the club until he'd at least graduated high school. Chibs was sponsoring his son and had warned him about the hazing but Filip didn't care. He'd wanted to follow in his father's footsteps since he was a little boy. Now he was finally getting his chance and he was determined to prove himself both to his dad and to all his uncles. Clay was pleased Filip wanted to join the club. He couldn't wait for the day when Happy's son was able to prospect for the club as well. He was still a Junior in high school and Ava refused to let her son prospect until he'd graduated from high school.

Harley was already looking at different colleges to decide what she wanted to do with her life. Remi told her niece she'd pay for whatever college she wanted to go to if she decided to go to college. Elise thanked her sister for her generosity. After talking with her school counselor, Harley finally decided to go to school to become a doctor. Elise was elated her daughter wanted to be a doctor. She, too, was partly following in her father's footsteps. Harley liked the idea of helping people and found the idea of being a trauma surgeon fascinating. Chibs was thrilled his daughter wanted to become a doctor. It was useful to the club, it was fulfilling job, and he thought she'd love her work. Harley put in all the paperwork to try to get into Harvard medical school and was ecstatic when she was accepted.

Elise asked her sister if she were still willing to pay for Harley's schooling knowing how expensive Harvard would be. Remi promised she was more than willing to pay all the expenses and to not worry about a thing. Elise hugged her sister in thanks making Remi laugh and hug her back. Chibs was silently thankful he wasn't having to shell out the kind of money it was going to take to send his daughter to Harvard. He knew the expenses would be great but he also knew it was a prestigious school. His daughter was going to excel as long as she applied herself like she did in high school.

Gemma wanted to throw a family dinner and graduation party for Chibs' kids at the clubhouse. Ryu and Massika had wanted to do that but let Gemma take care of it. Ryu wasn't to sure about his grandson prospecting for the MC but didn't say anything for fear of upsetting the bikers. Gemma put up a giant banner that said "Congratulations", she had a cake specially made for the two teens, and she had several of the crow eaters at her house to help her cook a giant meal for their family dinner. Once it was ready, she hauled it to the clubhouse to set up in the kitchen. After work, everyone convened at the clubhouse for the party. The crow eaters left the lot as soon as they'd helped Gemma get all the food into the kitchen. This was a family-only event.

When Ryu and Massika arrived, the elder Tanaka women thanked their host for everything she'd done for her grandchildren. Gemma just smiled and said it was her pleasure since they were her family too. Ryu went to get him and Massika something to drink while his wife was busy chatting with the biker Queen. Chibs thanked Gemma for throwing a party for his kids making her hug him and tell him it was her pleasure. Harley was happy to get a graduation party. She knew some of their fellow students weren't and it made her sad. Filip just couldn't wait to start his prospectship with the club making several of the bikers laugh, especially knowing how they treated prospects. The hazing was quite real and it was going to be interesting to them to see how the boy stacked up. 

James and Jonathan had both sent graduation cards to their niece and nephew with a hundred dollar bill inside for each with a handwritten note on the card congratulating them on their graduation. Jonathan had been thrilled when he heard his niece was going to go to school to become a doctor. He loved his profession and hoped she would too. Most of the bikers handed the twins money for a graduation present making them both thank and hug the person giving it to them. Clay just sat in a corner smoking a cigar watching the large group. This was what he loved about his club. The celebrations, the brotherhood, the strong sense of family. And now some of his brothers own children are prospecting for the club. It made him proud.