22-Empress?

Arranging a meeting with the crown prince is very tough. It seems like he's always busy. But I was very lucky as we got a date set very early.

I have two goals to achieve from this discussion.

One is to get his attention on the illegal activities of the church.

Second is to get the ice back.

But there is one problem...

Would it be right to involve Rion with the church and Sophia...?

In the original novel Rion fell in love with Sophia and cancelled our wedding.

Although now I'm the one who cancelled our wedding and Rion hasn't met Sophia yet.

Would it be wise to involve them?

I think about it as we ride on the carriage to the imperial palace.

"What are you thinking about so deeply Caroline?" The duke asks

I look over to him but I don't know what to say. Of course I can't explain it to him how I have already read this story and know about Sophia. But even after reading it, I'm really confused about everything that's been happening around. I do not understand why the story is developing in this way.

I think it all started with the crown prince's birthday after meeting Eric over there again. And then finding out about him not being brainwashed, then about Sophia and the church.

Things are so weird.

"Don't think too much, my daughter" the Duke smiles, "I'll handle everything."

I smile back at him but my anxiety is killing me! I have no idea what to do honestly...

As we reach the imperial palace, we are welcome with open arms.

The duke of Vorsack actually has close ties with the imperial family. The reason being is that he supported the current Emperor in ascending the throne after the death of the previous Emperor.

But support wasn't the only thing he had offered.

After the death of the previous Emperor there was a war between his successors. During that time the Duke took the side of the the current Emperor and had sent secret assassins to murder the emperor's brothers then frame it as an accident.

Because of this the Emperor favours the Vorsacks and let's them run illegal businesses right under his nose.

We wait at the guest room as we are served tea and snacks.

"Long time no see" I hear a voice from the door.

It was Rion, the crown prince of the story.

Rion was a well built man, with red hair and dark skin. He was said to be one of the most handsome men in the entire empire, with many lady admirers even from far away lands.

I stand up and bow before him as a formal greeting.

"Rion! You have grown up so much!" The Duke says cheerfully.

"How have you been Duke?" They shake each other's hand and then he turns towards me.

Then getting down on his knees, he takes my hand in his and kisses the back of it.

Wait what is this all of a sudden??

"How have you been Lady Caroline?" He smiles looking up at me.

"I'm good" I blush red removing my hand from his.

Wow what the fuck was that hahaha I try to not show my excitement on my face but it's hard!

"Ahem." The duke clears his throat intentionally to get our attention.