40- Silent Dog

Events of the original novel

Morning comes quickly, her body is trapped in between his arms as they lay beside each other on the same bed.

She opens her eyes to his handsome face right next to hers. It's almost feels unreal sometimes how godly he looks...! Her eyes roll down to his bare neck, his shirt is loosely buttoned making his chest half exposed.

Curiosity draws her in...

Her hands move closer to his body in an attempt to unbutton his shirt

But right when she's about to, he stops her by grabbing her hand.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

He opens his beautiful red eyes.

"I thought you were asleep?"

"Well I'm awake now"

"Take it off" She orders pointing towards his shirt.

"Why?"

"You're sweating"

"No I'm not" he smirks, "It's a chilly winter morning Caroline did you forget...?"

She rolled her eyes.

"Huh just last night you were..."

"Yeah?"

She instantly remembers what they did last night....

"..."

He chuckled.

"Don't laugh." She gets mad.

"Why not? I find it very funny!"

"Find what funny?"

"That you can be so childish sometimes" he smiled at her.

"Huh this is stupid!" She says getting up from the bed

But is instantly pulled back down into his strong embrace again.

"You're so fun to tease Caroline! You know I'm yours...and I'll always be yours!"

He says it like it's a promise.

He didn't want to let her go even when morning came.

Because he rarely got a chance to get this close to her. It was so hard to even ask her something, she always remained distant and never gave him any entry to her life.

In past, she did have physical relationships with him but she does it with many other men. To her it meant nothing but meaningless pleasure.

"You always hug me so tighty that I almost suffocate" she complains.

"What else am I supposed to do then?" He hugs her even tighter.

"Don't do that." She almost gets crushed by his strong arms. It was true that his embrace was extremely powerful. But that was only because he was a trained as a Vorsack knight with huge muscle strength.

"I can't help it Caroline...I get so scared that you will leave me if I do that" he says.

"You're stupid. Where will I go?"

"Wherever you go, don't go to that bastard. Even the thought of him touching you makes me wanna..." His hands tightened around her shoulders, now it was getting painful.

"Will you stop? Do you want to kill me?" She gets angry.

Feeling embarrassed of his actions he loosens his arms around her finally letting her breathe properly.

"I'm sorry".

"Why do you act so strange sometimes?" She raised her head from his chest to look at him.