59- Villainess must die

I open my eyes, to find the blurry view of few people looking down at me with worried eyes.

"You...You are awake!" Someone cries.

As my vision clears out, I see Alan cry out in Joy.

I also notice Nine and two others, sitting beside the bed I lay.

"Where...am I?" I ask.

"You are at our headquarters at Rivans. Fear not, for you are safe here" Nine assures me.

So I really survived...?

I try to sit up straight but my body is really weak.

Well that's only expected since I used up so much of my mana back in there.

Seeing me trying to get up from my bed, Nine placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't overexert yourself, you are too weak to even move".

"I...I have to go back to the Vorsack palace...A storm...a storm is coming!" I say covering my face in fear.

"What storm are you talking about?"

I look over to the door to see the old leader of the Secret Society, Zero walk in.

"Great leader...You are here..." Nine stands up and bows down.

The two others follow and bow down before him too.

"Save these for later" he raised his hand to stop them "First I would like to know how did you, Lady Caroline Vorsack, end up in Karlos after meeting with us last evening?"

"I...well it's a long story..." I try to explain but I don't know where to start.

"I would like to hear that story very much, Lady. Our 3 members here, Six, Seven and Nine were in Karlos on a mission where they found you" he says.

"How...How did you find me? And how did you reach Karlos in such a short time?" I ask.

"Well our top mage here, Nine has built a magic gateway that connects these to empires. In the middle of forests of Karlos, there lies a big tree with a huge hole inside it. That hole is the entrance of the magic gateway that connects the empires of Rivans and Karlos."

"So that tree is..." I gasp.

I know what he's talking about! Its the tree with the huge hole I found in the middle of the forest, to hide and rest inside. So that tree is their magic gateway!?

"Our members here, were there to use the magic gateway to transport back to Rivans, when they found a woman covered in rags and wounds lying inside the magic gateway...And not only that they heard a few imperial knights in that area where searching for a woman who had attempted to murder the crown prince of Karlos..." The old man narrowed his eyes.

His blue eyes send shivers down my spine.

"Don't tell me that woman is you Lady Caroline Vorsack. Did you try to assassinate the crown prince of Karlos, Eric Arguens??" He asks me directly looking into my eyes.

"Uh it's not like that..." I try to explain myself.

"I want to know that too actually...I didn't recognise her when I saw her back there. But really what is the Lady of Vorsack doing at Karlos?" Six asks.

"Hey...Let's save this for later she's sick." Nine says.

"No, Nine this time I'm with Six too. Actually I wanted to stop you right when we were back in Karlos and heard the knights were searching for a woman who attempted to kill the crown prince...And coincidentally we found lady Caroline wounded and lying just there... Something is definitely up..." Seven says.