Chapter 3

This is a work of fiction and is based on the Turkish hit series Sen Çal Kapimi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seven years ago....

Serkan was supposed to leave for Turkey over a week ago. He had plans with Eda. But when his father found out, he made him stay to meet some clients for him. He haven't seen Eda for months, and was looking forward to spend time with her during his school break.

He got to Istanbul late at night, he didn't bother telling his parents he was on his way home. He got in using his keys, and went straight upstairs. He heard his father in his office talking to someone over the phone.

"Yes, I will make sure my son and your daughter will end up together..... Oh.. that poor girl? He will never end up with someone like her. I will not allow it." He clenched his jaw. He cannot believe his father would do that. He knocked on the office door and let himself in.

"Serkan my son, what are you doing here? Didn't I tell you to meet a client in London?" His father whispered something over the phone and ended the call.

"I met with Mr.Foster last weekend."

"Oh I see."

"I heard your conversation. Dad, I want to marry Eda."

"No!! Are you crazy? She's just a common girl! You are marrying someone who suits our family. Not someone like her."

" No! I don't care about her social status. You knew I love her from the very start."

"I let you have your fun with that girl, but you will do what I want. You are marrying Deniz, and that's final."

"No, you may be my father but I can decide for myself. I will not marry any other girl but Eda." He answered back. He had always seek love and affection from the man since he was a kid, but it was either he was busy, or he simply didn't care.

"Don't try my patience Serkan. I've been in this business for a long time, and i have meet many people good and bad. If you don't want anything bad to happen to that poor girl, you will do as I say." Alptekin stands up and left the room.

Serkan was left speechless. He had known his father all his life and he loves him despite all the disagreement they've had over the years. He was still his father after all. But after hearing his father say that, he knew he was dead serious about it and he had to make a difficult decision for Eda's sake.

Present time...

"Eda?" He stands up, about to hug her, but she stepped back her hand up to his chest.

"Ezra, Mr.Bolat. Ezra Yildirim." She extended her hand to him and he hesitantly accept.

"Sorry, I thought you were someone else. Have a seat." He pulled up a chair for her and let her settle.