Chapter 9

This is a work of fiction and is based on the Turkish hit series Sen Cal Kapimi...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm not in love with anyone but you, Eda."

Eda looked at him in the eye, his eyes full of longing.

"Pinar, is my cousin. She grew up in the UK and is already engaged to her highschool sweetheart."

Eda swallowed an invisible lump in her throat. She was somehow relieved.

"I wasn't jealous of Pinar in the first place." She stand straight, steps away from him. His scent is so tempting, she might lose control if she's near him.

"Yeah, of course you're not." He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and checked.

"Sorry, I need to answer this." He walked a little further away from her.

"Hello mom?" She heard him say, Eda let out a sigh of relief. It's just his mom. She sits on one of the chairs while she wait for him.

"Mom, calm down. What do you mean someone was there?" He said, his mother sounds panicky on the other line.

"Did you call the police?" Eda turned her head realizing it was something serious.

"I'm in the ranch, I'll be there in an hour.... Okay mom. I will."
Eda was already behind him when he dropped the call.

"What happened?" Eda asked.

"It's not clear, but as of what I understood, someone was in the house. My father's office was ransacked. You get ready, we'll leave for Istanbul in five minutes,  grab your purse and phone, I'll send someone else to get our luggage. Let me just talk to Selma." He left Eda standing in the kitchen. She immediately run upstairs to get her purse and phone.

Serkan was already in the car when she got back down. Selma was standing near the front door, waiting for them to leave. She hugged the old lady goodbye and got in the car. Serkan didn't say a word, his face focused on the road the whole time.  She reached for his hand and gave it squeeze.

He haven't been this scared his whole life. His mother was the only good thing he has. He called Kaan, one of his childhood friends earlier to check on his mother, at least until he gets home. Good thing he wasn't out of the country. He stepped on the gas  and drive through the night. He was so focused on getting home, he forgot Eda was sitting beside him. He felt her soft hand in his and he somehow calmdown. He held her hand in his, no words needed and smile.

Eda didn't say anything. She knew he was scared, his mother was all he has. Even back then, he has always been closer to his mother and Eda understand how he's feeling right now.

It was past midnight when they got to Istanbul. They were about fifty meters away from the gates when they saw the siren lights, about two police cars were parked on the drive way. Serkan pulled over the side of the road, both of them got off simultaneously.