Chapter 16

I'm not familiar with the traditional Turkish weddings. Most of the once I searched are like the one's I see on the Turkish Dizi I've watched. So for this, I'll be using the one I'm familiar with. With the complete entourage of witness. To walking down the aisle and vows.

#edserfanfic
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two months later....

They had to ask the designer to adjust Eda's dress since she was already showing. She chose the simplest of dresses. Nothing too fancy, but very pretty.

A flowy off the shoulder sleeve lace gown with a meter long train. A veil embellished with crystals and a bouquet of thick white babies breath to complete the look.

"Oh Eda, you look very pretty." Ayfer, was looking at her through the boudoir mirror. Her niece, finally was going to have the family she had always dreamed of. After her parents died, Ayfer know she long for something more. And today, is the day she'd finally get it.

"Hala, don't cry." Eda said when she daw her aunt's reflection on the mirror.

"Oh my darling. I'm just happy for you." The older woman said tapping her lovely niece gently on her shoulder.

"Don't cry please. If you cry, I will cry. And I won't be able to stop." She pout her lips. The pregnancy had made her felt so much emotions she hadn't felt before.

"Oh my love, okay. Let's not do this, you'll ruin your make up." She took a napkin and help Eda wipe the tears on the side of her eyes.

"Your mom and dad would he very proud of the woman that you've become, Eda. And now, you're going to start a family of your own. I wish my brother was still alive to see this."

"Me too Hala. Me too. But wherever they are, I'm sure they're grateful for you. I wouldn't be this person if not for you. You have been the only family I've known since. And I'm grateful for you." Ayfer reach for her niece's cheek and hug her tight.

"Didn't we say, no crying?" They both chuckled, carefully wiping off the tears.

Serkan looked through the mirror in front of him, the reflection of his mother smiling with tears in her eyes.

"Mom, I'm just getting married, don't cry."

"I know, but I can't help it. I know you and your father didn't agree on some things, but I'm sure he's happy for you. If only he was still here to see this day."  He turn around and give his mother a hug.

"Oh mom, I wish he's here too. But let's not cry, not yet. Now." He pulls away from the hug, fixing his tie. ".. how do I look?"

"You look very handsome, my darling." She answered, fixing the creases on his shoulder with her hands.

"My dashing boy."

"I love you Mom. Thank you. For everything."

"Oh baby. You're going to be a good husband."

"I hope so." He answered and a soft knock was heard from the door. It squeaked and Melo stepped in, dolled up with a box in her hand.

"Melek?"

"Serkan? I'm the messenger. This is for you." She hands over a medium sized box, a note on top of it. He grabs the box and read the note.