Chapter 6

This is a work of fiction and is based on the Turkish hit series Sen Çal Kapimi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They decided to go back to the restaurant to talk. Choosing a table outside where there was fresh air and a view of the city.

Serkan sat on the chair opposite her, unable to get his bearings on. He can't believe she agreed to talk to him.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" Eda asked.

" Eda..... I'm sorry." He said, which made her blood boil. He's been saying that since.

"I've told you, I forgive you whatever it is that you're sorry for. Can I go now?"

"Please.  I know, I've been unfair to you. What I did all those years ago, I regret all those. I'm sorry I wasn't brave enough to fight for you."

"I've known from the start that your father didn't like me. I would've survived a blow like that. What's insulting was, after all the years of knowing each other, you decided to just run. You were my friend once and you just throw all those away. I'm leaving. I have to meet with Ferit." She stands up and as she walks away. He grab her hand.

"Ferit, are you two together?" He asked.

"Whatever relationship I have with Ferit, is non of your business. Goodbye Serkanbey."

He sit there, staring at her back.

"You're too late Serkan." He murmured. Pressed his palms on his face.

Bolat Ranch ......

He went home and grab the bottle of scotch sitting on his bar for years. He wasn't much of a drinker, but tonight he feels like he can finish a whole bottle.

He pour himself a generous amount of liquor and walk towards the stables. These horses, have been his sort of therapy. He stands across a stable, looking across the dark interior.

"She hates me Star." He said and heard the sound of the hooves walking towards the stable door. He looks up and saw the head of the animal peak over.  He walks over, his hands glide on it's head.

"I should've fought for her." He whispered, Star nods his head as if agreeing with him.

Star was a year old when he came to the ranch. His mother, bought the horse for Serkan's fourteenth birthday and they've been together since. Eda, had known the horse since it first came to the ranch. Her aunt, was the one who takes care of the garden back then and was good friends with the Lady Bolat.

"I have waited for her to come back, but I'm too late." He steps back,  his back hitting the wood fence as he slowly slumps down the ground. His head rests on his left hand, as he drinks the scotch with his right.

"She was just nine when I first met her you know and I was thirteen. I used to see her run around the property on foot, while I was inside, studying with my tutor during the summer. I would sometimes hear her giggle, playing with our dog, while I watch her from the library window. She was different, she was a happy kid. She was someone you'd want to be friends with. And one Saturday, I was out in here, brushing my old horse when she approached me. She was smiling, that was the first time she had seen a horse that big. And we became friends after that."