Chapter 18: Ashido's Interview

Aizawa's POV:
"So, who's going first?" I asked looking at the list. "If you don't mind Aizawa, I believe the girls should go first!" Ida said. I raised a brow at Ida, I was sure he would've volunteered to go first. "And why's that?" I asked.

"Well you see," Ida explained, "I was going to volunteer to go first, but then I realized that the girls have spent more time with Jiro and thus would be more likely to know what's been going on with him. If I volunteered to go first, then it would be a waste of your time because I have no idea what's going on and as class president, I should always put the students needs before my own. So even though I want to go first, it would be no help to your investigation if I did."

I smiled, "you've really grown up, haven't you Ida?" Ida looked down on the ground sadly, "maybe, but I still have a lot more growing up to do!" I nodded, "guess that means the girls are going first. Does anyone from the girls side volunteer to go first?"

They all looked at each other, they all wanted to volunteer, but after what Ida said, they knew it wouldn't be beneficial to anyone if they went without any information. All of a sudden Ashido's eyes widened and she shot up her hand, "I volunteer to go first!" Everyone looked at Ashido surprised, clearly they weren't expecting it.

I was gonna ask why, but I knew that Ashido wouldn't have volunteered to go if she didn't know what was going on with Jiro. "Alright." I said, "right this way." I lead her into a room, locked the door and began the interview.

Kaninari's POV:
I placed around the waiting area. I wished I could've gave them information they needed, but I don't have anything useful I could give to them, but for some reason I had a feeling I did have something to add. I just didn't remember what.

Maybe if I listened to the interview I would remember. I know we're weren't supposed to, but if I have something to add I had to remember. I had to tell them and make sure Kyoka was safe. I looked around to make sure no one was looking. When I was sure no one was watching, I went as close to the interview room as possible and even put my ear against it.

Unfortunately, the walls were sound proof and I couldn't hear anything. I was going to give up, but all of a sudden I heard something. I flinched away from the wall, I wasn't expecting to hear anything. I was wondering why I could hear and when I looked around, I got my answer.

In the wall there was a little hole, I thought to myself, "where that hole came from?" Oh well, it didn't matter now. All that matters is that I remembered what I've forgotten. I got closer to the hole and and stuck my eye in it so I could see what was going on.

When I looked inside, I saw Ashido waiting for Aizawa-sensei in the interview room. It looked like I came in at the right time. Aizawa walked in with a notebook and a pen. "Alright," he said in a serious tone, "now we can begin."

It looks like they were gonna begin before, but it took longer because Aizawa was looking for his notebook. Ashido nodded, "I think I know why she's acting like this." Aizawa raised a brow, "she?" Ashido got mad, "I know she's a girl, she didn't want to be trans!" Aizawa was confused, "how do you know that?" Ashido got frustrated, "it will only make sense if I start at the beginning!"

~flashback to a few days ago~
Ashido's POV:
Kyoka was acting very strange today. She looked like she wanted to ask me a question, but she didn't really like asking questions unless she's not sure about something or the thing she's asking about was happening to her.

"Hey Ashido?" She asked. "What is it?" I asked back. I was kinda scared to hear her answer because I had a feeling that this was a secret message to me to tell me what's been going on with her lately. At first I thought it was only because she was scared to tell us she was trans, but lately she's been forgetting conversations we had a while ago and Kyoka's not the type of person to forget and forgetting has nothing to do with being trans.

I was worried and rightfully so, because her question was not a good one. She said, "If I lost my memory, how would you react and how would you go about bringing it back?" I was shocked, the look on her face said it all, she was slowly losing her memory. "How did you lose your memory?" I asked. "I don't remember." She said holding his head.

That's when I realized why she's been acting so weird, she was slowly starting to lose her memory and then, a thought hit me. What if she wasn't trans? What if she thought she was trans because someone told her so? And what if she losses her memory all together and forgets who she is? It also hit me that I've been misgendering her this entire time and I was really embarrassed.

She looked at me with pleading eyes, she really wanted to know the answer, but I didn't know what to say. I didn't want her to forget her memory, I liked who she was before and I didn't want her to forget, but I knew she was asking because she wanted to know if I would help her remember. So, I said my answer.

"If you ever lost your memory I think I would cry." I said, "I liked who you were before and I don't want you to change, but I would try my best to make you how you were before." She smiled, "thanks, that makes me feel a lot better." My eyes became watery, even her response to my answer made it seem like she was forgetting who she was.

A few days later, I was about to leave for school, but then Nezu stopped me. "Hello Ashido!" Nezu said. "Hello Nezu." I said, "what are you doing here?" He smiled, "I came to ask if you don't mind staying after school?" I became worried, "why? Did I do something wrong?" "Oh heavens no!" He said reassuring me.

"Than why do you want me to stay after school?" I asked. "You see," Nezu explained, "I've been taking a look into Jiro's recent behaviour and I realized that something is definitely wrong. So, I've decided to hold a interview to talk about why that might be and I know that you know her better than anyone else so it would really make my day if you were to come to this interview!"

I hesitated for a moment, don't get me wrong, I really wanted to come, but I was worried about what my parents would think if I stayed at school without notifying them. "Don't worry," he said, "I'll notify your parents that you're staying after school and I'll even explain the reasoning behind it!"

I gasped, it was like he was reading my mind. I smiled, I knew I had to be in this interview, I knew I had to tell them everything I knew because I had to make sure Kyoka was okay. "Alright!" I said, "I'll be there!" "Excellent!" He said, "here's the location to the interview!" He gave me a piece of paper and walked away while he was walking I could here him say, "great! Can't wait to see you there!"
~end of flashback~