Chapter 13: What Happened Before?

Ashido's POV:
"Now that we got that over with, how did this even happen?" Denki asked.

I looked at him confused, "what do you mean?" "You were crying before," Denki said, "what was that about?"

My eyes went wide as I remembered what he was talking about, "oh yeah, you came late today, so you're probably confused on why I was mad. Don't worry, I'll explain everything."

~Flashback~
I went to class as usual, but when I went to class I noticed Kyoka wasn't there, which was weird because she and all the other girls were usually here before me.

"Hey Yaomo, have you seen Kyoka?" I asked.

"No, I haven't," she said.

That's weird Yaomo didn't see her, but maybe I'm getting worried over nothing. I mean, everyone's late once in a while, but things started to get even weirder when Kyoka got there.

"Hey Kyoka! What's up?" I said.

Kyoka looked at me weird, "why are you calling me by my first name?"

I looked at her confused, "because we're friends obviously, also you gave me permission so I thought it was okay..."

"I didn't give you permission, what are you talking about?" She said with a concerning look.

I started to get worried, did she not see us as friends anymore? Did I do something wrong? All theses questions started flooding my head. 'Calm down..' I told myself, 'maybe I could fix what I've done, then we'll be all good again.'

Just when I've decided I was gonna fix what I've done, Kyoka looks at the guys and starts to talk with them.

"Hey guys what's up?" I can hear her saying.

"Hey Jiro.." Sero says feeling awkward, "shouldn't you be hanging out with the girls.."

She chuckles, "what are you talking about, I always hang with you guys, I barely hang out with the girls."

Sero and the other boys look at her in confusion. What was she talking about? She never hanged out with the boys, she always hanged out with us.

'Okay..' I thought to myself, 'either I messed up so bad that she's pretending she doesn't know us, or she hit her head HARD.' "Kyoka," I blurted out, "did I do something wrong?" She looks at me with an awkward look, "no, you did nothing wrong.."

"THEN WHY!" I snapped, "why are you pretending that you don't know me?" My eyes were starting to tear up, but I stopped when I realized that she was crying. Did she realize that she hurt my feelings? That could be it but the thing is, Kyoka would never says something that could hurt other people's feelings.

As I was thinking of why this could be happening, she said something that shook me to my core, "what have I done..." Then it hit me, she didn't have control over what she was doing, something, or someone was controlling her, but she quickly wiped her tears and pretended that nothing happened.

It broke my heart to see her like this. The other girls didn't hear what she said because she said it under her breath, but said it loud enough for me to hear, also I was closer than they were which is probably another reason why I heard it and they didn't.

"She's probably in a bad mood," Ochoko said, trying to cheer me up, "just let her be." I was already starting to tear up, but I let it be knowing that she couldn't control her actions, but I snapped when I saw that everyone around her was acting like everything was fine when really it wasn't...
~End of Flashback~

"And the rest is history," I said finishing the story. "Wait, so you're saying that Kyoka can't control his actions?" Yaoyorozu said,
very concerned. "Does that mean that everything he said or did today wasn't in his control?" Ochoko said. "If we're going by that logic then Kyoka's not actually trans." Tysu said.

I shook off there concerns. "Don't worry about it," I said, "looking back now, he was probably acting like that because he was confused on what was happening and why he was acting like this and wanted to stay as far from us as possible because he was afraid on what we would think."

"Then, what about him saying he doesn't hang out with us even when he does?" Hagakure said waving her sleeve around. "He probably thought if he pretended to forget about us then we would leave him alone." I said.

"Okay, but what about the whole 'what have I done' thing, what was that about?" Ochoko asked. "He probably just found out that he's trans and when he saw that the way he was acting was affecting us, he blamed it on himself hence the whole 'what have I done' thing, isn't that right Jiro?" I asked looking at Kyoka.

Kyoka looked shooked, she wasn't expecting that type of question from me. "It's okay Jiro," I said, "you don't have to answer right away, take as much time as you need." "Uh.." Kyoka said not really sure how to answer.

I smiled and we laughed, thinking how stupid we were for thinking that Kyoka was taken over against her will. Everyone was convinced that they thought that because they didn't want to admit that Kyoka was trans, but little did we know that I was right.