House of Cards

Nightmare decided to stick around his friends from then on. He was happy around them. Happier was a kind word for what he meant. He wasn't happy, in fact he was rather miserable. Being around his friends was better though.

Killer had been hanging around a lot especially. It was odd. Nightmare thought he was Killers least favorite roommate. While that was probably true it was now clear that Killer was far from hating him.

"Why have you been staying around me so much?" Killer looked over from a card house he was making. Well the start of a card house, it was only one layer.

"What do you mean?"

"Your always in the same room as me unless I'm in my bedroom,"

"I'm just worried about you." Killer was nervous, unusually so.

"Are you sure that's what it is?"

"Mhm," Killer put the first few cards up for the second tier.

He kept building his card house and Nightmare read a few more pages of his book.

"So you don't believe me?" Killer questioned

"Not even a little."

"Good to know that I'm untrustworthy."

"You aren't untrustworthy, your a bad liar," Nightmare looked at Killer, "you always glance to the left when you lie."

"You can't tell that."

"Sure. Maybe not. But you are lying regardless." It was true, Nightmare really couldn't make out Killers pupils in his dark eyes, but his anxiety would shoot up whenever he lied.

"I don't want to talk about it Nightmare." 

"I never asked you to." He turned to the next page of the story.

"You didn't ask but you are implicitly doing that."

"I think you want to talk about it but your unable to talk about your emotions unless someone else asks you to. Which is why you'd be putting value on me asking. I took no for an answer."

Killer sighed.

"So do you psycho-analyze all of us or just me?"

"I'm not psycho-analyzing you Killer."

"Sure your not. You just thought of that for no reason."

"That's exactly what happened."

"Sure."

Nightmare put his bookmark in the story and stood up, he wanted to leave.

"I'll tell you," Killer suggested, "if you want."

"I only want you to if your confident you want to tell me."

"I've been sticking around you because me and Dust have been fighting and I wanted to make him jealous."

Nightmare took a moment to digest that.

"....Do you even benefit from that?"

Killer shrugged, bumping into his card house and knocking it over. Sending cards floating all around.

"You two need to talk." Nightmare suggested, ignoring the obvious tragedy Killer was experiencing.

"Really man? I didn't know that." He started picking his cards up, "I didn't know how do deal with this.'

"Your sarcasm is noted."

"Really Night you should start an advice club or something." Killer paused before looking up to grin at Night, "they could even pay you in diamonds."

Nightmare just blinked at Killer. Sure he heard the puns but he was amazed at the timing.

"Are you just unable to have conversations without puns?"

"Don't think that's possible boss."

"Talk to Dust."

"Why can't you do it?" Killer seemed desperate to avoid Dust.

"How does this involve me?"

"We're your friends."

"That's not as strong of an argument as you seem to think it is."

Killer got up, sighed, and half left the room before leaning back in to say something.

"Just make sure not to discard me over this one."

"Out." Nightmare threatened falsely.

"Leaving," and Killer was gone.

Nightmare wasn't so crowded for the rest of the week, and Dust seemed to be doing better when he was out and about.

~~~

I don't know what to do with Killer. I did my best though, so that's gotta count for something.