Chapter 7

Sugar Mommy

Chapter Seven

Dolores Miller

"Are you sure?" I closed the book I was reading with a light 'thud.'

"Yes, young mistress." The man replied, looking at the book I closed.

I hummed a 'yes' before dismissing him with a wave of my hand, causing him to turn and leave, closing the door behind him.

"When a mother comes home from grocery shop, the kids hurry towards the bags of grocery the mother bought, hoping the mother bought something for them." I turned to the man sitting in front of me. "That's how your daughter has become."

"Don't talk about my daughter, Miller." He spat. "Tell me what your here for."

"Straight to the point, ey?" I chuckled, before contorting my face into an expression more serious. "Let's do business, shall we?"

"What makes you think I'll agree?" The man raised a singe eyebrow.

I shrugged, sarcastically frowning before grabbing a cigarette and lighting it. 

"I don't think you'll agree." I stood up, slowly walking towards the chair the man was sitting on, placing my left hand on the corner of his chair and my right hand on his shoulder threateningly. 

"I just think that knowing that me, one of the most powerful leaders in the underworld, has certain vital information about your daughter," I placed the cigarette in his mouth. "I don't think you have an option but to agree."

"Unless," I stood up, dusting my top. "You want you daughter in danger."

"You're a leader in the underworld. An underworld no one knows about. While my daughter is a public figure who's fans will immediately snap at anything targeted towards her. What can you do to her or me?" He smirked, taking out the cigarette from his mouth and dropping it to the floor.

"Think about it," I leaned against the table, causing a cup of water to drop onto the floor. "Such a powerful leader who always thinks three steps ahead. What can I do?"

He paused, subtly lost in thoughts.

Sarcastically frowning before grabbing a cigarette and lighting it.

"We have her at target."

"The snipers are aimed at her."

...causing a cup of water to drop onto the floor.

But water doesn't look like that.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, young mistress."

She lit the cigarette.

She has a lighter with her.

"Such a powerful leader who always thinks three steps ahead."

The cup wasn't a cup of water.

"The snipers have her in sight ma'am."

"We're waiting on your orders to shoot her."

The cup had gasoline in it.

"What can I do?"

"Hello?" I snapped my fingers into front of him, bringing him back from reality.

He stared at me wide eyed, before a flash of fear moved through his orbs.

"Leave me and my daughter alone." He said, breathing heavily.

"That's not what I'm asking, Jakey." She smirked. "Let's do business, what do you say now?"

"Do I have an option if I don't want my daughter to be shot to death and myself to burn to death?" He looked at me, clenching his fists.

"Well then," I stood up, grabbing my sunglasses. "Thank you for your time. I expect utmost loyalty from you. It's time to take my company to the clouds and to make some money."

I turned my heels, walking towards the exit.

"Pleasure doing business with you, Mr.Black."

~~~

I was sitting on the roof, staring at the deep blue sky when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I voiced, not caring to hide the boredom in my voice.

"Is this Dolores Miller?" A lady's voice chirped from the other side.

"Yes...?" I narrowed my eyes, not recognizing the voice that seemed to know me. "How may I help you?"

"Actually, Ms.Miller." The lady muttered. "We've been trying to reach you for your car's extended warranty."

I rolled my eyes before cutting the call right there, before staring back sky, just as someone entered.

"Dolores," My brother's voice caught my attention.

"Si, hermano?" I turned towards him while smiling.

"If Haru contacts you to accept your offer of letting you be his... sabes, sugar mommy, will you?" He said, hesitantly.

"Of course." I nodded. "I can't have him working at a fucking grocery shop."

"Mi princesa, why don't you rethink it? What will everyone else say? You're my only heiress and if your reputation gets tainted before you even take over the throne, how will people accept you as their leader?" He said, worried.

"But hermano-"

"Look, Dolores." He interrupted me. "I can handle everything, but I can never handle humiliation. So do what you want to, but rethink it." He stood up, before walking towards the door.

"I'll try my best to support you no matter what, but don't do anything you'll regret." He turned around, his back facing me as he walked out. "Rethink it, por favor."

I looked ahead again, closing my eyes just as my phone rang again.

"I swear to the Goddess, if it's for the car's warranty I will throw this phone off the roof."

"Hello." I voiced. "Dolores Miller speaking."

After a small pause, a very familiar voice answered.

"Dolores," Haru's voice whispered. "It's Haru."

"So, you've changed your mind?" I smirked.

He dodged my question and blankly gave me a "Let's meet up."

"He'll warm up to us soon!"

"Of course, mi amigo."

I guess it's time to go for a little cup of tea.