Chapter 10

Sugar Mommy

Chapter Ten

Dolores Miller

"Hermano, where were you?" I snapped as soon as my brother entered the living room. "You've been gone for a whole night and an entire day!"

"And that seemed to piss you off a lot," He rolled his eyes, taking his coat off and placing it on a sofa.

He wasn't wearing that coat when he left.

Choosing not to waste my time answering my brother's inconsiderate remark, and lightly slammed my book shut with a quiet 'thud.'

"No, it doesn't bother me." I stood up, passing by him to my bedroom before he grabbed my wrist, making me face him.

"I don't like Haru." He blankly said.

"W-what?" I stuttered, silently hoping what I heard he said wasn't what he really said.

"I don't like this... s-sugar baby of yours." He exclaimed, disgust lacing in his voice. "Leave him."

"I'm shocked you expect me to do as you say, as if I have no selfish needs." I sarcastically deadpanned.

"Dolores, I barely tell you to do anything, but this is my command. Not a request you can decline to." He calmly glared at me, tightening his hold on my wrist.

"Let go!" I wiggled my fist in his grasp, a pained groan leaving my mouth. "You're hurting me."

"No, promise me you'll leave him first." He tightened his grip, if that were possible.

"I don't want to!" I dug my fingers into his hand, causing him to hiss and let go. "I'm not satisfied yet, and at this point, I think I'd be better off with him. He keeps me just as happy as you in all these years!"

"Are you really gonna compare him to me now?!" He growled. "I didn't ask if you were satisfied or not, you are going to leave him. And that's the end of it."

"Don't top until you're satisfied, mi Reina."

"Well then, you also hear me, mi querido hermano." I gazed at the bruise that was forming on my wrist. "I'm not going to listen to you in this matter-"

I was cut off with a harsh sting on my cheek, sending my face to the opposite direction. The faint, very faint send of a strong alcohol lingering around my nose.

Hermano slapped me for the first time.

And his hand smelt like alcohol.

He was drunk.

~~~

I sighed, sinking in my head in my pillow.

The taste of blood lingering in my mouth due to the constant bleeding at the tip of my lips, angry tears blurring my view, yet I didn't allow a single drop to reach my cheek.

"...when I die, I won't be worried because I know you'll protect yourself."

I can't protect myself, can I?

I looked at my ceiling, begging my parents to help me think of what to do.

"Mom," I whispered, her smile spreading like fireworks in the lit, yet dark room.

"You're the feeling of shade under a burning sun, my dear. You're the air of the trees. You're the victory, the soul, and the universe. What I mean to say is, you freaking matter."

"You're gonna win throughout eternity, so take everyone with you. Way pass the storms and hurricanes, never let your grief come in the way. There are armies of devils waiting to take you down because it's an hour of struggle. You are your guard, you are your only weapon, every hour."

"Your story has an interesting beginning, now it's your responsibility to make sure it just a just as interesting ending. After all, and story written by gold can never be continued with ink. If you want to write ahead, you have to use gold."

"A story that will rule the pages of history."

I snapped my eyes open, before ringing the bell beside my bed.

In an instant, a handful of servants came rushing in, all scared to death hoping I won't say it.

"You all cowering away like that won't do anything." I taunted their cowardly selves. "Get ready. The plan starts now."

*****

Short chapter, sorry. :>