Chapter 16

Sugar Mommy

Chapter Sixteen

Third Person's Point of View

The future monarch was at the palace library, after giving strict instructions that Haru's body should not be touched.

Books were scattered, yet not one was to the liking of the Princess, as she frantically searched for one specific book.

'This is ridiculous!' Diana groaned, thinking of giving up, but knowing that it wasn't an option because of how determined Dolores was. 'Shall we just wait for someone to bring dawn to this sudden nightfall, mi hermana?'

"Who is going to bring our dawn, Diana?" Dolores answered, her eyes scanning every book that seemed to pass by her gaze. "Are we not enough for ourselves? If we, alone, are not enough for this, how can we claim the right to be crowned the Female Alpha?"

"Young Mistress," One of Dolores' men interfered. "Maestro Denver is here to meet you."

"Hermano should not be brought in my presence, comprender?" Dolores growled, not bothing to turn around.

"He's already here, Maestra-" 

"Take your leave," The familiar voice of the reigning monarch sounded, dismissing the servant who now had fear engraved in his eyes due to the raging sigh the Princess gave out. "You're dismissed."

"So are you, Sir Denver," Dolores growled, her eyes turning a light, very faint red shining in her eyes.

"I just want to talk." Denver approached her. "Surely, I earn at least a chat for all the years I've loved you, and all the years I shall continue to love you, don't you think, mi Reina?"

"You lost the right to call me your 'Reina' the moment you decided to shoot that bullet out of that gun." Dolores snarled, turning to face the man she no longer wished to accept as her brother. "Love isn't measured by your brain. If you truly loved me, you wouldn't shoot a bullet on what's mine."

"I know what I've done is wrong, and Duke is very upset because of that."

'Why, Duke has always been the smarter one from among the both of you Diana said, being rewarded a hearty laugh from Duke and Dolores.

"I surely don't like the idea of you guys ganging up on me." Denver clicked his tongue, trying not to get angry.

"Well then, you better get going." Dolores clapped her head, nodding towards the door before turning around to continue searching for the book.

Denver's presence stayed a little while before he let out a sigh and walked out.

Just as Dolores was about to call it a day, and head back to the hospital, her eyes caught the sight of an old book.

'The Secrets of The Millers.'

'Finally!' Diana rejoiced as Dolores picked up the book.

Dolores sat on the floor, keeping the book on her lap before opening it, squirming through each chapter from the index of the book.

Chapter One: The First Miller.

Chapter Two: The Downfall of The Millers.

Chapter Three: Into The Human World.

Chapter Four: Into The World of Killers.

Chapter Five: The Rise of The Millers.

Chapter Six: The First Blood Moon

Chapter Seven: Connections With The God of Peace

Chapter Eight: Royal, Once Again.

Chapter Nine: Connections With The God of Death.

'Bingo!'

~~~

"Ezra Miller, the third son of the second reigning monarch, Akio Miller, fell in love with a human maiden, Anastasia Calypso."

"King Akio did not approve of the love and ordered Anastasia to be killed as soon as the night became young, deeply enraging and scarring the young prince, who was desperate to bring Anastasia back by any means.

"One night, during the lunar eclipse, the young prince left his abode for a walk."

"Purposely taking a wrong turn, he wandered into the graveyard, positioned deep into the woods on the outskirts of the kingdom."

"He wandered into the graveyard, deep enough to find what he had been looking for."

"He took a tree and cut off the biggest branch from it, and sharpened that branch until it was sharp enough to be used for hunting."

"He, then, hunted a deer, and before the deer's life left its body, he took the deer to the tree from where he got the branch, and gently lied him there, trying his very best to make sure the deer doesn't die, and in fact, is able to heal."

"Soon, before him, was a demon of death, that had come to check why the deer's soul didn't turn up in the underworld."

"Using the help of the demon, Ezra managed to wander into the underworld and arrange a meet with the God of Death, who wasn't expecting a visit from the monarch's third son."

"Ezra reasoned with the God and managed to bring Anastasia's soul into the mortal realm once more, unaware of the huge 'but' that lied in the deal."

"Anastasia's soul was sent to a different human's body, due to her body already being buried, and she was now part of a household that hated the body she now possessed."

"She was sold off to the underground Mafia and was tortured mercilessly while the prince could do nothing."

"Grief-stricken, the prince ordered Anastasia to be put out of her misery, and killed once more."

"But the pain was too much for him to bear, and he, too, joined his love by committing suicide, three days before his brother was to be crowned king."

"The coronation was put on hold, and the late king, Akio cursed whoever tried to meddle with the life force by saying quote; 'if you know the story of what happened to my Ezra, share Miller's blood and still choose to involve in the life of humans, may tragic befall you, for you will never have my blessings.'"