Chapter 4

Sugar Mommy

Chapter Four

Haru Norman

"I told myself I would never fall in love. I told myself I'd never die for someone." I whispered as she ran away from  me playfully, her blue gown following her.

"But this little game is just too tempting to run away from." I ran behind her, easily catching up to her. "This little cycle of tortuous pleasure is too tempting to run away from."

I grabbed her arm, pulling her to my chest, looking deep into her blue eyes. "You have know idea what those eyes have done to me.

She smiled, leaning in close to my ear before whispering something.

"It's hard to just walk past the roads of love, and not give in."

I slowly opening my eyes, groaning as I sat up on my bed.

It was a dream.

I rubbed my eyes, checking the clock.

 4:02 am. 

I still have time.

I sighed, lying back on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

How can I dream about her? I only saw her once! I don't even know her name, and I'm drawing sketches of her, thinking about her and now even dreaming about her!

What's are your intentions, you sly brain?

I groaned once again, burying my face into my pillow.

"It's hard to just walk past the roads of love, and not give in."

"Love is when someone gives you dreams like no other."

I smiled, burying my face further into my pillow.

"My heart has done a mistake again."

~~~

I walked out of the university campus after a relatively peaceful day, directly heading for my shift at the grocery shop I just got a job in during the beginning of this week, and things have been going somewhat smooth since.

My manager, an old man who's been working here or a few years now, took knowledge of my situation, and since makes sure that I have eaten three times a day.

Life feels so, so perfect like this.

I looked up at the sky, closing my eyes and breathing in.

"No home, no worries. Your home is where you want to go. So wear the sky, or change the road. Mi hijo, do what you have pledged to here."

"Don't stay here, and fly like the bird you are. God has given you such a beautiful sky, you just have to fly till there."

"If you want me to give you a specific place to call home, then I'll say it's the entire universe. No matter what happens tomorrow, and how your state is today, you will find home one day."

"Indeed, I will not rest before finding my home, dad." I whispered, opening my eyes and walking forward.

~~~