Chapter 8

Right after they went back from Jeju, Mina didn't have a chance to talk deeply with Nayeon as she needs to fly to Japan to see Aera and to attend Emergency agendas of the MMC. They barely chat and call each other; only good mornings and goodnights was consistent during her absence. Her vexes to Mijoo still lingers, she wanted to talk about it and clear things but she is stopping by her own ego. Both were professionally working together.

On the following days, Mina was invited to the CSD meeting to discuss about a 28-years-old pregnant patient who suffers congenitally heart abnormal aortic valve. Her womb enters her first month of the third trimester, she needs to have an urgent open heart valve operation, if not, the woman will die. Bambam and Chaeyoung handles the patient and was discussing her condition.

"We cannot do this surgery. It will be risky to the mother and the baby." Dr. Oh exclaimed to the team, "I agree with Dr. Oh." Mina mumbles, "We cannot jeopardize two lives and your licenses.".

"But Dr. Oh and Dr. Myoui, I bet if Dr. Im was here, she'll agree to this. We cannot just sit back here and wait." Bambam defense their position, he was too eager to save both mother and child. "Dr. Im is not here, so you'll do as what is agreed." Dr. Oh was being logical at this moment. Although Bambam is right, Nayeon will agree, but the thing is, their Lion was not there to stood up for them.

"We'll call Dr. Im." Chaeyoung sounds too confident, Bambam snapped her fingers agreeing with the younger, "If Dr. Im will do the Surgery, you'll be able to accept this right?" She added. Dr. Oh and other Professors nodded at them, both become repulsive and eager to the situation,

"In short you don't trust us!" Bambam slightly raised his voice, there was a sudden tension in the room. Mina has the power to decide to continue the surgery or not, as the CEO, she can be held accountable for it.

"No one handles that kind of operation before Bambam." The CEO said calmly,

"Sana did few years ago. she made it, she saved them, and we don't have this high-technology before, what will be the difference in this case? Out technology is useless if that's the case!"

"Dr. Byun! Control your words! I can give you an insubordination Memo or I can get you suspended!"

Mina tapped the desk, "Call Nayeon now, if she didn't respond, the decision is final, no surgeries for her till she delivered her baby."

Chae continued to call Nayeon after few attempts, Nayeon answered, she was on the television screen of the meeting room, it has a central AI camera that is voice sensitive, it focuses on the persons face when speaking. Nayeon was inside her car, "Hey, what's up everyone, why are you so serious?" she said cheerfully, but no-one responded the same energy as her. "Dr. Im, are you busy? We are in the middle of discussion for a very critical procedure."

"Where's Jisoo?"

"She's in the middle of the surgery Doctor."

Dr. Oh discussed everything to Nayeon, every single detail. Nayeon was convinced to Dr. Oh and the CEO's reasoning for rejecting the surgery. "To be honest, I agree that it was a risky procedure, but what I wanted to highlight here is, what should be our priorities as doctors."