The Dangers of Sexting

Identify what you have learned about the dangers of sexting.

There are many dangers of sexting. It is illegal for a minor to sext anyone as the individual can be charged with child pornography charges. Those charges may include being registered as a sex offender, imprisonment and travel limitations. Alongside, there is a huge risk of those pictures or messages being leaked. This can happen regardless of age. Therefore, at the end of the day, there are far too many dangers in sexting and you should protect yourself criminally and mentally but not engaging in it, regardless of age.

If a person decides to share an intimate photo with someone else, which components of their health could be most negatively affected? Explain.

The mental, emotional, and potentially social components of one's mind would be the most negatively impacted. In the mental aspect, if these pictures were to be, knock on wood, leaked, this would affect one's confidence and self-esteem which, obviously, is not good. Alongside, it could make someone believe that the only way to keep their significant other happy is through these pictures, which would start self-doubt. For the emotional aspect, again, if these pictures were to be leaked, it could affect you emotionally, because so much would be happening, that you simply cannot comprehend your emotions. For socially, yes, some people believe that sharing intimate photos with your significate other would bring you both closer, but there are many other less risky activities you could do. If these pictures were to be leaked, not only would you hurt your reputation, but it could also hurt your relationship with family and friends.