Municipal Government

With the new housing development plan, it is evident that there are many different opinions on this, both good and bad. For example, an environmentally conscious individual would be against this plan, as the trees and land that used to be home to animals is now becoming a human for humans. When creating houses, construction often creates pollution, causing environmentally conscious individuals to be extremely against this plan, as it is against their values of protecting the environment. A business person would view this as a neutral situation, neither hating it or loving it. If they were looking to expand their business' locations, they will be upset that this land will be used for housing rather than commercial reasons. However, the new houses mean that more residents will move in, which means more potential clients for them. They will be pleased by this opportunity to expand their business. A municipal councilor will think the same way. They will have to ensure that the new residents follow the laws and that more resources are being created for them, which can be a negative aspect. But the city is growing which is always a positive, as this will help the economy and more tax money will come from them. Their values of benefiting the city would be upheld in this change. A student will be more nonchalant with their opinion. This new housing could result in more schools being made to accommodate the increase of residents or it could make public schools more filled and cut funds to accommodate the students.