Density of Water

Looking back at our results, we see a lot of precision with the equipment we used. There is no outlier and all densities have a difference of roughly 0.01. This really shows how precise the volumetric flask and scale we used is, all data is consistent. Due to the fact that there were multiple trials with very similar results, we can infer that our equipment led us to have accurate results.

After conducting our research, doing our calculations and realising how small the source of error is, it seems most logical to use a volumetric flask when you want extremely accurate results. We also used a pipette to aid us in carefully measuring out the water into the flask, so we also think it's most logical to use a pipette when wanting to pour extremely small amounts of any liquid into a container. When measuring the mass, we used a scale that also had a very small uncertainty, leading us to believe that the scale would be the most accurate device we have to use to measure mass.

The biggest source error is the fact that the temperature of the water might not have been consistent. Due to the fact that we cannot change the temperature of the water, we have no control over keeping it consistent. And due to the fact that water's mass changes based on its temperature, an inconsistency in temperature could have altered our results. The next time, we can use a thermometer to measure and ensure the temperature does not change and we have the most accurate possible results. Thankfully, there were not that many errors as we used very accurate and precise equipment and did not change it between trials.