macaque? more like mr cock

I shrug and pigsy focuses back in on MK. While he goes on about practice I just wonder who the hell is gonna clean all this up.

After the whole thing at the weather station we all headed to pigsy's and had noodles. Pigsy and tang kept arguing about free noodles. I was pretty busy thinking about the whole revival thing.

 What the hell was that black goop? What was up with the panel? How come my dead body fucking melted? I was too busy trying to figure that out to notice mei had been trying to get my attention for a few minutes. 

So when I felt a hand(? idk what to call it??? hoof???? hand hoof yeah) on my shoulder I was way more than surprised, I almost fell over out of my seat.

"You good kid? You've been starin' at your bowl for a few minutes"

I take his hand hoof thing off my shoulder before I talk.

"Yeah don't worry pigsy I am a-ok"

I did some finger guns for good measure but he doesn't seem convinced.

"If ya say so"

After that mei asked me about going to the arcade later and I agreed. Not like I had anything to do anyways. After everyone finishes talking I head out the door and start walking home. By now I memorized the route so I don't need to pull out the gps.

There it was again- that feeling like I'm being watched. I looked around but I couldn't see anyone near me. I just sped up and hoped that if someone was watching me, they would take the hint that I noticed and leave me alone.

-- a few days later timeskip #yass--

As soon as I got home I locked the door and sat on the couch. Turning on the TV I saw some ad for a play in a few weeks. Wait a minute- but why the hell is that happening early? I just got past season 1 episode 1 a few days ago and that's all the way at season 2 episode 7.

Wait a god damn second. That time I threw a pillow at the wall and I heard a laugh- THAT WAS MACAQUE. I've just gotta be careful I'm sure he doesn't think I know what he's doing yet. The ad has an address too so I put it into my notes for later.

After awhile of channel surfing I check the time and it's unsurprisingly very late. Well technically early considering it's almost 4am. I decide it would probably be best to go to bed so I walk over to my room and flop onto it. 

When I wake up I hear my phone buzzing. Oh mei is calling- I answer it and put it on speaker mode.

"HEY DUDE"

Ow jesus christ I need to turn the call volume down. 

"Hey mei what's up?"

"Well I've been TRYING to text you but you weren't answering"

I check my messages and sure enough she did. In my defense I was asleep

"Sorry dude I was asleep so I didn't see them"

"You were asleep at noon?"

"WELL WHEN YOU SAY IT LIKE THAT IT SOUNDS WEIRD"

"Annnyways I was planning on going to the anti-gravity arcade with MK after he gets off work wanna join?"

"Sure sounds fun, like when though- are we talking right after he gets off work orrrr- and give me a like 30 minute head start so that I can get there"

"A bit after and okay anyways that was all I wanted to ask byeee"

The call ends and I try to remember the series timeline, this sounds familiar. OH YEAH this is the lead up for the clone episode. I remember now. I mean makes sense considering it is the second episode just didn't expect it to be so soon. Guess the time between episodes varies or something??

When mei texts me to meet up at the arcade in 10 minutes I panic, I literally asked her to tell me 30 minutes beforehand is that too much to ask?? No, it is not. Luckily I already got ready so I don't have to worry about that.

 Plugging the location into the gps I realize it's a 40 minute walk. I appreciate mei and all but I will be holding a grudge about this forever. I head pout the door and sprint as fast as I can, taking shortcuts through alleyways and intersections as much as possible.

Unlike when I was sprinting to the construction site when MK got the staff I actually pay attention and notice that weird black goop from when I died on my legs. I stop in an alley for a minute to take a closer look. 

Poking it, I can tell it's solid in like an exoskeleton kinda way and it seems like it enhanced something? In this case my speed. As much as I would love to freak out about this I have shit to do. Before I'm out of hearing range I swear I head a certain dark-furred monkey say something.

"Interesting"

(A/N HEY READERS Sorry for the slightly shorter chapter, this was more of a transition chapter than anything else. Next chapter should be back up to the thousand words mark. Also trying to start implementing some of the more plot heavy stuff so y'all will be seeing more of the 'black goop'[it has a name that will be introduced later]. I'm having a lot of fun writing this and the fic will be going on for awhile, probably most of summer break. Have a good day y'all)