Unexpected Savior

Lily picks up Xiao and teleports away, shocking the others. She ended up somewhere that looked like the mountains. Breathing heavily, she places Xiao down. "Hah! Hah!". The power she used was from her mother. A power that uses her mother's spirit as 'armor' to help her. This power always drains her and avoids using it. 

This time she had to use it. After all, it's her duty to protect Xiao. Lily tries to calm her breathing, but nothing is working. Her clothes return to normal as her body weakens. Her vision blurs as a figure approach. "No...I have..to protect...Xiao". She falls next to him grabbing onto his arm.

Waking up the next day, Lily tries to focus her vision. Blinking a couple of times helped but it did little to calm her anxiety. She found herself in an unknown location with Xiao still asleep next to her. She quickly grabs Xiao as someone approaches them. 

A male figure steps onto the platform they were on. He was tall with Amber eyes and Hair. His soft demeanor helps calm her nerves. "It's ok child. I won't harm you". Lily places Xiao on her lap as the figure approaches her. He smiles at Lily as he inspects Xiao even though she kept her hold on him.

The man took a sigh of relief as he sat down next to them. "Who are you?". The man faces her. "I am Morax, the former Archon of Liyue, but please call me Zhongli". She slowly nods. "I'm Liliana but I go by Lily". Zhongli nods to her. "I know. I only recently found out". She looks at him puzzled. "How...". She was cut off when Xiao began to stir. 

Xiao opens his eyes and is met with Lily and Zhongli. "My...Lord?". He quickly sat up, but his body stiffened in protest. "Xiao lay back down; you'll open your wounds! "said Zhongli and Lily at the same time. Lily grabs him and lays him down again.

He helps Xiao up. "I'm so glad you're awake". A faint smile comes on Xiao. Lily furrows her brow. Just who is this person? He said that he's the former Archon of Liyue but she never met him nor did her mother say anything about him. She had so many questions she wanted to ask but was stopped and a faint hand on her shoulder. 'My Love, it's been so long'. 

Guizhong appears from behind Lily. Tears fall from Zhongli as he smiles at her. "So, it's true you're back". She smiles at him. 'It's true my love'. Lily feels a sudden sadness take over her. Her mother never told anyone about her? She turned her head to her for an answer, but her mother was gone. 

Today's Chapter is A LOT shorter than the others because the next chapter will be much longer. This one was also shorter because I did an A/N Part 2. Fill free to check that out as well! It'll explain the first chapter of this page. 

See you soon! 

-Aria