Sins of the Past

(A/N: Mentions of Blood and Death)

With the death of the God of Sin and his claim on more land, it made the other Gods furious. He was growing in power and the others didn't like that. He was viewed as a threat that needed to be put down. But those who did challenge him either came to his side or perished. In time Morax would gain a throne with other Archons. After all this senseless War was for Supremacy over all Gods.

During one of his many battles, Xiao slowly felt the Karma taking over him. A dark voice would speak to him from time to time. "Yes, that's it! Keep it up, Alatus!". He tried to ignore it like the other faint voice, but nothing helped. Before he could kill the last mortal a vision of someone stopped him. 

A familiar girl stood before him. "Why Xiao?". His eyes widened in fear. He knew this person but who was she? "Why must I suffer?". A hitched breath stops him from speaking. "Answer me, Xiao. Why did you leave me?".

It was the same voice that kept calling out to him. "Answer me!". Xiao takes a sharp breath in. "I do not know you Mortal!". The girl scoffs "After all we've been through. You've forgotten me?". Xiao looks at the girl causing a ping of pain in his head. "Remember Xiao". Why does he need to remember? Just who is this girl? "Ugh!". 

He clenched his head dropping his spear. "Remember Xiao". That echoed in his mind. "No, you shall not!". "You must remember". Another sharp pain causes Xiao to scream. "Shut up!!!". He picks up his Spear and strikes the mortal.

He gasps harshly as the image of the girl was now on the ground. Blood trickled down her mouth and the deep wound on her chest seeped with blood. "Why did you kill me?". Her spirit rises from the ground and confronts him. "See you did this to me". She pointed at the wound and then placed her bloodied hand on Xiao's cheek. 

Horror took over Xiao as he felt the warm blood on him. "Why kill me yet I did so much for you?". Xiao's breathing began too uneven. Images of the girl in front of him flashed through his mind. He knew this girl, but what was her name?

A sudden memory came. Xiao was sitting down on Wangshu Inn's roof when someone called him. "Xiao!". He teleports to the voice. "What is it, Lily?". Is that her name? A bright smile greets him. "Xiao, I finally made you some Almond Tofu!". Xiao glances at the dish. "Here you go!". He takes the plate from her and takes a bite. 

The flavor was even more amazing than what Smiley Yanxiao makes. "How is it?". He takes another bite and another. "It's good". Lily's eyes lit up making Xiao blush. "Yay! I'm glad you like it!". Xiao turns around as he lights up like a tomato. Lily meant the world to him.

Xiao looks at the girl in front of him. "Lily?". The girl smiles at him. "I'm...so..happy...you remember...my name". Lily spits up blood and falls to the ground. "Lily!!". Xiao had done it. He killed his sunshine. "No! Please don't leave me!". Tears fall as Xiao sees her coughing up more blood. "X-Xiao...". 

She raises her arm with him taking it. "You have to return. So many people are waiting for you to return...". Her arm drops from his grasp and takes her last breath. Xiao wails out loud as the others flock to him.

His Karmic Debt takes over him. His scream echoes through the entire battlefield. It even reached Morax's ears. They rush over to his side. "Aaaaghh!". Morax rushes to his side. He orders the other Yakshas to hold him down. A name kept being repeated. "Lily!!". Hisano and Guizhong gasp as they look at each other. 

That was Liliana's nickname Guizhong had given her. She was only a baby. Why was he calling out her name? "I'm sorry!!!". Hisano rushes to Morax. "Please My Lord. I need to purify him!". Morax nods to her plea. Hisano asks for the others to release him. "Bear with me Adeptus Xiao".

Hisano channels her power into Xiao. She gasps and sees the vision of Lily by her side. She looked mature and young, but a fatal wound was on her chest. Fragments of future events came to her mind. One in particular stood out the most. Lily rushed to Liyue Harbor with a limp Xiao in her arms. "Someone please help me!". 

Groups of people began to crowd around her. "Zhongli, Ganyu, Cloud Retainer, please anyone!". Hisano glances around the vast city. It was too peaceful. Was this the future? "Xiao, please wake up!".

The franticness in her voice made those around her worry. Lily could be causing a big scene for no reason at all or blowing things out of proportion. But what caused her so much anxiety was a dark shadow around Xiao. It was suffocating him and wouldn't allow her to heal him. She was scared for him. 

She was too weak to hold him up and fell to the ground. Tears fell as no one came to help. Hisano notices Guizhong in spirit form hovering above Lily. 'Liliana, please calm down!'. That could only mean that Guizhong dies. Worry grew for her friend. "Please let me through!".

A familiar figure moves in between people. "Lily!". It was Zhongli who rushed to her side. "What's wrong?". She pleaded again. "Please someone help!". He tried calling her name, but she still called out. Millelith began to show and try to calm down the situation. It was beginning to get out of hand. 

Zhongli had no choice but to act. He quickly embraces her in a hug. "Liliana, please calm down!". That caught her off guard. Lily's breathing evened and she calmed down slightly. She was shaking and looked down at Xiao. "Z-Zhongli, it's...Xiao".

Zhongli looks down and sees Xiao's condition. He was deteriorating quickly. Whatever caught hold of him made him weak. "I-I tried to heal him...but it didn't work". Zhongli places his hand on her shoulder. "Let us get him to Madam Ping!". She nods as Zhongli picks up Xiao. They had to act fast, or Xiao won't be able to recover. 

The vision ends with Hisano returning. She was in disbelief; she saw the future. Her future descendant has her power. She looked down at Xiao and saw his condition. It was much worse than in the vision.

A former God was trying to take over his body through his Karmic Debt. Hisano had to act fast, or this God would succeed. It must certainly be Xiao's Former Master. Hisano grits her teeth and summons her divine power. It surrounds the pair as she forces more energy into Xiao. "Aagh!!". His body recoiled under the pressure of her power. "Hold on!". She continues forcing a dark presence from Xiao's body. "You've done well my slave!". 

Her eyes widened as the dark presence struck her body. "Haha! How does it feel to die by my hands?!". Hisano spits blood and glares at the figure. "I can guarantee that your future plan will not succeed!". A bright light from her hand makes the dark presence disappear. "Damn you!".

Hisano crawls to Xiao's body and chants a spell. "Return this soul to its rightful time!". The beam of light shoots in the air and dissipates soon after. With using one last spell she seals Xiao's memory of this event and faints next to him. The price of seeing the future cost her greatly. From the wound she endured Hisano dies peacefully in her friend's arms. 

Her last wish was for the remainder of her power to dwell in Lily if she ever needed it. Hisano's body disappears into particles of bright light as it travels to baby Lily. This was when Issac found out his Goddess had died and now resided in his child. 

A/N: Hi! It's a longer chapter this time because I may not be able to publish a chapter this weekend. There's currently a hurricane coming my way and I may lose power. So, I hope you enjoy this chapter! (Don't worry Lily doesn't die)

See you soon! 

-Aria