The Wind upon One's Wings

(Please see the end for Important Notes)

Xiao protectively wrapped his wing around Lily. She could feel the warmth from them. 'They're fluffy!' she thought. She had completely forgotten the current situation. "Explain, Cloud Retainer, who is this!". His instincts were on high alert. 

The woman that scared Lily bows to him. "I'm Shenhe. Adeptus Xiao, forgive me for scaring your mate". 'Yet again with that word!' Lily thought. Xiao still hadn't calmed down as his golden hue shined lightly. Guizhong's voice whispered in his ear. 'Xiao, calm yourself! Liliana is fine'.

He starts to calm down as Lily's power also washed over him. "Xiao?". He looks towards Lily and brings her into a protective hug. "Are you alright?" Xiao whispered to her. She nods "I'm fine. She only startled me". Xiao sighs in relief and then glares at Shenhe. "I wasn't informed that you had a mortal in your domain". 

Lily's eyes widened. 'She's a mortal?!' she thought. Cloud Retainer flaps her wings and nods "This one is under one's tutelage". Xiao releases his hold on Lily as she looks towards Shenhe. She had a saddened expression on.

Who was this woman? Shenhe looks towards Lily. "I apologize again for scaring you". She bows to Cloud Retainer and leaves. A side of Lily hurt. Could it be her mortal side? She's been embracing her God side and neglecting her mortal side. If she thinks about it, when has she visited her friends? 

It's been a while since she's been to the Harbor. It's as though she's avoiding it. Is she? Lily doesn't know. She's been so busy with training she had little time to think about other things. Maybe after this she could take a trip to the Harbor.

Cloud Retainer took note of Xiao using his wings. "Conqueror of Demons, one used one's wings". Xiao looked at his wings and could see that he could move them easily. "Intriguing". Xiao moved his wings with ease. He flew for the first time in two millennia. It felt right to him. 

His illuminated beast form sang. Xiao lightly smiled at the feeling of the wind on his feathers. "Xiao, how do you feel?". He looks at his flower. "Free". Lily smiles as Xiao catches the wind and flies upward. She watched him fly around Cloud Retainer's domain.

The freedom he yearned came upon him. Xiao couldn't help but smile. He flew some more then came down and landed next to Lily and Cloud Retainer. Xiao had the biggest smile on him in a while. Lily ran to him and embraced him in a hug. "I'm happy for you, my love!". 

Xiao whispered "Thank you" to her. This was all possible by Lily. She changed his world. Brought him out from his Karmic prison and saved him. Xiao was grateful to her. Lily gave his gray world color once again.

Once they were done, Lily made a picnic for them. Zhongli was due to arrive anytime soon. She wanted to have a meal with them all together. If only Moon Carver and Mountain Shaper were here. Xiao didn't know why she wanted this, but why would he complain? His flower was having a good time. 

Lily was busy setting up the picnic while Xiao talked with Cloud Retainer. Lily had many picnics with her father and even helped out with setting everything. Zhongli arrived earlier than expected. He greeted Xiao and Cloud Retainer.

Lily finished with the picnic as the others came. Xiao sat next to her, and Zhongli sat across. Cloud Retainer perched on the ground next to them. Lily gave Xiao a dish of homemade Almond Tofu and Zhongli a bowl of Bamboo Shoot Soup. They enjoyed their meal while talking. "Xiao how was training?". "Good, my Lord". Xiao had his wings away for eating. "How are your wings?". "Fine" said Xiao.

Cloud Retainer also chimed in. "One's wings are much stronger". Lily also wanted to voice her opinion. "And fluffy". That caught the other's off guard. Xiao quickly blushes as Zhongli bursts out laughing. "Did I say something wrong?" asked Lily. "No, you didn't. But I think you embarrassed Xiao" said Zhongli. 'Oops' she thought. 

A/N: Yes, Lily Xiao's wings are very fluffy! The next couple of days I'll be very busy. Thanksgiving is Thursday and I have a lot of baking to do. Depending on if I have time, I may post another chapter on Saturday. I know that's a long time away, but I have my hands full with other stuff. I hope everyone understands. And Happy Thanksgiving! 

See you soon! 

-Aria