Long Awaited Reunion

Guizhong was sitting on her chair sipping tea as she smiled at her and gestured to Ganyu to sit with her. Ganyu sits up and joins her. "Ganyu, it's been so long. How are you?". Tears ran down her face as she embraced Guizhong in a hug. "Lady Guizhong! I missed you so much!". 

Guizhong smiles as she lightly strokes her back. "I'm here. It's alright". Even more tears followed as she eventually calmed down. Ganyu releases her and wipes some of her tears. "Better?". Ganyu nods as she sniffles. reunion 

They reminisce for a bit before she asks her about Lily. "Lady Guizhong, how did your daughter break Xiao's seal?". Guizhong remained silent. "That I am unable to answer". Ganyu raises her brow. She didn't want to question her, but she needed some answers for the Tianquan. 

Guizhong sips some of her tea as she says, "It's about time you return". They say their goodbyes as Ganyu returns. Lily greets her. "How was it? You were crying a lot". She dries her tears and tells her they remanence out the past.

Lily was happy for her. "I'm glad". Ganyu saw someone whom she held dear. Guizhong was like a mother to her and was devastated when she passed. It felt good to see her again. The night sky greeted them as they parted ways. 

Lily returns to the Inn safely without running into any monsters. She doesn't sense Xiao, so she decides to return to her room. He was with Zhongli, so she needn't worry about his safety. She gets ready for bed and slowly falls asleep.

Before Lily went to talk with Cloud Retainer, Zhongli had business with Xiao. They went to a private area to talk. Zhongli sat next to Xiao as he viewed the pleasant scenery around them. Xiao was eager to hear from his lord but remained silent until he spoke. "Xiao how are you feeling?". 

Why does this feel like a checkup? "I'm fine, my lord". Zhongli raises his brow to him. "Are you sure?". He feels fine. What more is he asking? "Yes". Zhongli sighs if he keeps asking, he'll just avoid the question.

He's probably still grieving the loss of the others. He also senses the low amounts of karmic Energy in him. He was relieved that he wasn't suffering anymore. He shakes his head lightly, he needed to get back on topic on why he pulled him aside. "Xiao, there's a reason why I needed to talk to you". 

This was the part he was waiting for. "The Qixing is putting on a festival for your return". Xiao blinks a couple of times. "My Lord, I don't understand". Xiao heard of the Lantern Rite festivals, but nothing like that. "In a few weeks the Qixing will announce the Legendary Yaksha's return".

Why would the Qixing do that? They wanted to do it for many reasons. One was mainly to honor Xiao's return, the others; well, are for other reasons. "I wanted to caution you. Some may come looking for you". Xiao furrows his brow. 

Why must humans be so annoying? "I'll lay low then, my lord". Zhongli nodded and felt content with his reaction. They talk for a while longer as the night falls. Xiao bows to him and returns to the Inn. He returns to his usual place. The next few weeks will be hectic.

From Guizhong's prediction the Traveler is due to arrive. Xiao had no time to rest or let his guard down. Could this person be an enemy or a foe? Rumors from what the Traveler did in Monstadt reached Liyue. Lily was eager to meet them, but Xiao wasn't. 

Someone who could change Liyue should be viewed as a threat. Only time could tell what this Traveler will bring. For the better or worse, they will change Xiao just like Lily did. 

A/N: Hi! btw the pic above has nothing to do with the chapter, but I wanted to include it because it's pretty! I wish I could find a pic of the Guili Assembly, but I didn't find any good ones. Guizhong's Domain is filled with lush green fields and has the same table as the one in Cloud Retainers. For now, I hope everyone has a good weekend! 

See you soon! 

-Aria :-)