Is this considered a Date?

This was concerning. Xiao's adaptal energy was almost completely gone but it was morphing into something else. Zhongli didn't know. "Xiao, I suggest you stay with me for the time being". He wanted to keep an eye on Xiao. Something was happening to him that he didn't know about. 

Xiao had no other choice but to stay with Zhongli. Lily had to leave and tell Verr where Xiao was going to be for the time being. Lily chose to stay with them. She also wanted some time with Xiao. They were still in the process of love.

A few days passed with nothing happening. Xiao was getting ticked. Something was blocking him from using his powers. Madam Ping and the other Adepti looked at Xiao. No one had an explanation. Lily, like usual, was worried. 

Deep down this felt like her fault. It happened after she used that new power of hers. Also, on top of everything her mother has been quiet. She wasn't even allowed to see her either. Something is wrong she could feel it.

A bored Xiao spent the day with Lily. Going into the city wasn't an option. Zhongli forbade it and Xiao hated crowds. Maybe she could teleport him somewhere for a breather. That'd go against what Zhongli asked but when has she ever followed the rules? 

Xiao was on her lap as she combed through his hair. He liked it and even took a nap. She kissed his forehead causing him to wake up. "How long?" asked Xiao. "Hour and a half. Zhongli left during your nap". Xiao only hums and turns over to grasp her waist.

Her scent was lovely to him. He took it all in even her warmth. "Xiao, do you want to go out?". He turns his face to her. "Going out would be a bad idea. I cannot protect you in my current state". She sighs and pats his head. "I thought it was my job to protect you". 

He grumbles and turns back to her stomach. "I want to go out, but I don't want to leave you". Xiao remained silent. Going against his master would be a bad idea, but his sunshine wanted to go out. He turns his head again. "Fine, but we're not leaving the Harbor".

Lily beams and smiles. "Yay!". There won't be any enemies in the harbor would there? Xiao disguised himself as a normal human as they went out. He didn't want to but anything for his love. They also held hands as they walked. Being around humans was a bad idea. 

His dislike for crowds and not wanting to be tainted by them made the walk uncomfortable. Lily tried to cheer him up, but nothing worked. What if she used her other tactic? Lily takes him to a quieter place for a breather. Xiao slumped to the ground and covered his face. Guilt gnawed at her.

She felt guilty for asking him to come with her. Lily lowered herself and sat next to him. She places her head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry". Xiao pats her head. "No, don't be". His arm was shaking. Lily chewed her lip out of anger for doing this to him and placed her hand on his. 

They interlocked hands as she pulsed soothing energy into him. Xiao calmed down and stopped shaking. "Feel better?". "Yes...". Lily glanced down and figured he wanted to return. "We should return...". Xiao shook his head. "No, I'm fine, let us continue".

They got up and entered the crowd once again. Lily continued to pulse soothing energy into him to calm him. She wanted this outing to be positive and not negative. It was easier for Xiao to breathe as they continued to walk. Maybe he could enjoy this after all. This was more of a sightseeing trip than anything else. 

Once the sun was setting, Xiao mustered up the courage to kiss Lily. She blushes and realizes this could be considered a date. She enjoyed her time to the fullest with him. Something she needed before everything spirals out of control. 

A/N: Hi!! Thank you so much for 3k+ views! Is this their first date? Maybe! Xiao has no concepts of dates lol! Next Chapter the Train will be back! 

See you soon! 

-Aria