The Night

a/n the point of views change a lot in this chapter.
Next chapter: Confessions part 2
Please leave your reviews in the comments :)

Luke's flashback...

I leaned back against a tree, waiting for Liz to get me. I chew on my bottom lip looking at the clouds. What was he talking about? I hope he didn't bother Katherine. I remember him from detention. Ha, I was so nervous that day. Not from the detention, I've gotten those before. It was Katherine. She was the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on. I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of her. But when he was being a jerk, moaning in the back of the room, it made her mad. At the time I thought "maybe she doesn't like hearing that" but now that I think about it, maybe it's him. Possibly, Kat doesn't like him. They could have known each other in the past.

"Bye, Mike. See ya later Luke," Calum waved goodbye at me, climbing into his father's truck. Michael. That's his name, Michael.

"Keep your hands off of her, Hemmings." Speaking of him...

"Don't talk to me."

"You've got a thing for my girl," she's single, "don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about."

"She's not dating anybody."

"And she definitely won't date you."

I clench my fist. Calm down, Luke. I bite my tongue and try to hold my anger back.

"Also won't screw with you."

"I'm not trying to do that." I mutter.

"Oh even if you tried, you're already late. I took the kitten's whiskers."

Out of the flashback and into reality;

Katherine had a worried look on her face. She shook her head, "Can we not talk about this. Please?" There was a crack in her voice at the end. Not a voice crack like guys get. The same crack in her voice as a mother would get if she lost her son. A tear rolled down her delicate cheek.
What did he do to her?

"Please don't cry," I wiped the tear with my thumb, "it's alright, I'm here for you."

I laid her head on my chest and rubbed her back. "You'll be okay."

Katherine shook her head again and scrunched her eyes. "No," she said with a shaky, unbalanced voice. A water droplet fell on my shirt, "not with what he did."

I stroked her hair, "Shh, it's okay he won't bother you."

Kat clenched my flannel and nuzzeled her face into it.

I took her outside by the pool to get some fresh air. We sat down, letting our feet sway underwater.

Katherine's point of view

I put my head on his shoulder and Luke placed his arm around me. Just bringing up Michael into the conversation makes me uneasy. But Luke comforting me makes me feel finally at home. That comforting feeling when you arrive home after a long vacation is the exact feeling I get when I'm around Luke.

(A/N Wattpad didn't save what I wrote so what's below has been summarized.)

"So how do you know Michael? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"Met him at a bowling ally. That's how it all started."

"Doesn't seem to bad."
Seem was the key word.