fifteen • intoxicating stars

ahe 5th year dorm was a wasteland, dresses and shoes were flung around the room and muggle music was blasting through the walls, Liliana was just putting on her long dangly earrings when Rowan let out a small shriek from the bathroom.

Her voice was desperate and scared so Liliana ran in with her wand raised but instead of a viable threat found her friend pointing at herself through a mirror and holding the ends of her messy hair with the other hand.

"I LOOK LIKE A BANSHEE!" She squeaked before turning to Liliana in a panic who lowered her wand and laughed at her poor friends expense.

Her hair was all different textures and moistures from a clear lack of understanding how to use any kind of product.

"LILIANA GUTIERREZ HELP ME!" Rowan half shouted as she pulled Liliana over to the row of sinks and marble counters.

"ok ok... but there might be no helping." She held half her hair in her palm and inspected the various split ends, "this." Rowan rolled her eyes and loudly groaned.

Rowan jumped up where Liliana patted the counter, she pushed rowans legs out slightly so she stand in the middle of her. Rowan raised her brows and grinned, "At least take me to dinner first." which earnt an eye roll from Liliana who had began wetting her hair.

"You have had dinner with me every night for the last 4 and a half years."

"And I've hated every second of it."

"Oh shove off."

Rowan was a bit shaky and looked questioningly at every product Liliana grabbed to ruffle through her hair, she had never seen her use any of these or even the bottles in the bathroom before. "You definitely know a spell that would help this... disaster." She gestures around her head in a hall motion, "quicker." She finished.
"It always looks better the muggle way, trust me." Liliana grinned and pulled her fingers through her friends hair to shape each wave and before long she had managed to tame most of her mangled head.

Music was being blasted through the girls quarters and She was doing final touches on the thick hair before Rowan spoke, "Lil... I haven't asked but how was your sister." Liliana immediately stopped what she was doing and looked away from her friend with glossy eyes, she had mentally blocked what happened that afternoon and was trying her best not to confront it.

"Same old, she's probably going to fuck off for another 5 years."

"Well, it's ok if you're sad, you know that right?" She let out a stiff laugh and looked at her friend again, rowans eyes were big and welcoming even through the thick layers of her glasses.

"Well only In front of you, couldn't have anybody else seeing me like that," she emphasised in a shrill voice before muttering, "it would be quite embarrassing."

Rowan rolled her eyes at her friends ignorance but she couldn't hide her small smile,
"You're an ugly crier anyway I'm sure no one wants to see it." Liliana opened and covered her mouth in fake shock, pretending she was deeply hurt by the comment.

"How dare you!" She mimicked in a high pitched squeak that made both of them laugh. The conversation was left there but Rowan knew there was more she wasn't being told but she could never understand what it felt like to basically mourn two family members no one seemed to acknowledge.

She was soon finished and Rowan squealed in excitement, she normally hated these kind of things and party's in general but Liliana didn't know why she had taken such a sudden interest in getting all dressed up. She pulled Liliana to the common room where they met their other housemates.

The whole school was preparing for the party in Hufflepuffs dorm and the Slytherin teens were already doing pre drinks around the common room, Liliana's year group had managed to snag the middle coffee table and sofas so they sat around it passing a large, delicate bottle with intricate glasswork containing the strongest wizard gin they could find.