CHAPTER 8

Miko's POV

After a few months, my first year in senior high school is nearly over. It's been a couple months since I last saw Ei, but my heart has already let go, and I'm alright with that.

Although there are moments when I wonder what she is doing or how she is doing. Is she eating anything... I mean, is she drinking well? She is, after all, a vampire.

I've made a few of new friends, such as a human friend. Her name is Kujou Sara, and based on her appearance, I assumed she was a vampire. She is incredibly attractive; she is both handsome and strong.

I enjoy her presence and being with me, but it's not the same as Ei's. I only... I just think of her as a friend, but I tried to like her more than that. She's a package deal, a perfect lover, she's kind, lovely, and sincere.

But after I knew Kokomi had a crush on her, I stopped trying to like her and tried all I could to bring them together, but they're both so stupid and shy.

Yoimiya and Kazuha are my other two friends. Yoimiya is a vampire who loves fireworks; she even invited me to a firework show with our other friends. It was fantastic, however I wished she was there with me.

God, enough thinking about her.

I'm currently in a mall with Sara, helping her in choosing a gift for Kokomi because she would later confess her feelings to her. What a cute couple.

"Why don't you try getting her a fish plushie? She likes fish and other ocean animals," I said.

"But she already has a lot of plushie," she said. 

"How about a matching bracelet with her? You know, with a fish hanging in it, it's very cute," I said.

"That could do it," she said, smiling. "Thank you for helping me, Miko," she said.

"No worries," I said as we entered a jewelry store and rummaged among the jewelries in search of a matching fish bracelet.

It had been a long search, and Sara couldn't decide which to chose because there were so many adorable options. We split ways after that shopping spree; she's on her way to Kokomi to confess, and I'm simply going along the park, letting the breeze kiss my face; it was peaceful, the wind was so wonderful, it was chilly but not too cold; it was the perfect weather.

I sat in one of the open areas of the park, where I can see couples having a picnic date, and I'm plainly envious of them. A picnic date with your lover sounds lovely; I wish I could go on one.

I need a lover first, obviously.

While walking around the park, I noticed a familiar figure wearing a black long coat. I thought... I thought it was her.

Why do I always end up thinking of you.

I shrugged and looked around the park again, enjoying the scenery, till I noticed a familiar figure and I swear I thought it was her, that long violet braided hair, there is only one person who has such hair, and it's her. Raiden Ei.

I blinked again and looked again at the person, but they were gone; I panickedly stood up, looking for them, that familiar figure, but now... I can't even find them. So I sat back down and covered my face with my hands because I felt like crying. I really thought I'd moved on from her, that these feelings of mine had faded. But it stayed, and I despise it.

I always end up thinking of you and wishing you were here with me. I hate you for making me this way.

*

Ei's POV

Who is the woman she was with? Her lover? Is it a friend? I want to walk up to her and ask her who that was. I was gone for a few months because I had things to do to back at my original home, where my father lives.