CHAPTER 7

Miko's POV:

Did she actually leave? She didn't even go to school, I didn't see her in the cafeteria, and I'm alone at the café where we used to hang out. I guess I should have expected that after being harsh to her the day before. But is this really the end?

Kokomi is preoccupied with family matters, and the Kamisato siblings are also busy, so I'm alone, thinking of Ei.

I just want her to have faith in me and know that I want to be with her and do fun things with her. Can't she trust me when I can handle myself and my family? 

"I didn't expect to see you here, Ms. Yae Miko," 

Oh great, now the Arataki gang is here. Fuck my life.

"This is where I always hang out," I replied. Just please leave. 

"Where is your... friend, I mean protector?" he laughed. "Oh, right, she left you for good; we heard from the principal that Raiden Ei left the school and that she was going to a faraway place," he chuckled. "I believe we have some unfinished business now that you're alone,"

"I'm already stressed out, so just leave and mind your own business,"

"I can assure you that I would not hurt you, and I would simply ask for a favor," he stated. "Could you tell me who Gorou is hanging out with these days?"

Oh, wait what? Why is he asking for Gorou? Unless.... unless he likes him?!

"Why? You like Gorou?"

The werewolf flushed like a tomato, and his gang just struggled not to laugh at what they saw and heard.

"Well, from what I've heard, he's hanging out with a new student named Kazuha; I don't know much about him; all I know is that Kazuha likes to write poems and is a quiet one," I explained.

"I see," he said. "Do you know where they hang out?" he inquired.

"All I know Gorou takes him to somewhere private, like his property," I said. It's more like the forest and there's a tree house in it that belongs to Gorou. It's his home.

"You are a great help, Yae Miko. Thank you, and please accept my apologies for the previous trouble that I caused. Regarding Ei, I actually saw her wandering around the streets but she vanished quickly when I spotted her, it's as if she's still keeping an eye on you," he said as he approached the counter.

Ei, what the hell are you doing.

*

Ei's POV:

Damn that werewolf, why was he the one who spotted me? For God's sake, he's going to tell Miko that he saw me.

I still... actually did not leave. I'm keeping an eye on her to make sure she's safe. I'm sure news got out that I left the school and moved to a distant area; my enemies could harm Miko because I left her. I hadn't considered that.

She's fine, she simply seems... gloomy. I really want to approach her, but my cover will blow off. Someone is following me. It's nice to see her casually drinking her boba tea; she's so beautiful.

Oh how I wish I can be by her side and make her smile again. 

*

Someone is definitely following me, and based on what I can smell or hear, it's most likely a werewolf; their scent is strong, and I know where the werewolf is.

I can't attack him since he's blending in with the civilians, and I don't want to hurt innocent people. I can feel he's staring at me. I'm on the other side of the street, in a restaurant where I can easily see Miko. But this werewolf is staring at me, not allowing me out of his sight.

I need to divert his attention; I can't let them know I'm still watching Miko.

I got my hat and coat, put them on, and discreetly left the restaurant. I proceeded to a more secluded location, an alleyway, where no one could see us and they would not be hurt.

"You may show yourself, you know," I said, turning around to find him standing in the center.

"How is your female king, Lycaon's most faithful servant?" I inquired. The myth that Lycaon was a male was false; in fact, the king of the werewolves was a woman with two sons. Razor and Gorou.

"I suppose she's doing fine," he said. 

"It's been a long time, Nyctimus," I said.

"It has," he said with a chuckle. "I'm surprised you... left the school," he commented.

"I was planning on leaving today, I need a new environment," I chuckled.

Keep things cool.

"I see," he said. "You do understand why I'm here, right?" he said, his eyes dark.

"You don't have to do this, Nyctimus," 

"Orders from my king,"

**(skipping the fight scene since i suck at writing a fight scene)

"I told you, you don't have to do this," I murmured as my claws sank into his chest, shedding a lot of blood and causing him to revert to his human form, coughing up blood. It was a horrifying sight.

"It... it was worth a shot against you," he coughed. "Many others will still hunt you, Ei, so be careful."

"I'll be careful, my friend; see you on the other side," I whispered as I drew my hand back and he turned to ash. There is no trace of him left, yet it will alert the werewolves that someone died.

Ha~ now I reek of blood.

***

Miko's POV:

It's been two weeks since I last saw Ei, and there's been no sign of her; I can't even find her wherever I go; has she finally left me?

"Miko to Earth," Kokomi said, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"I-i'm sorry, I was spacing out," I said

That's right. I'm in a cafe with Kokomi, where we're talking about the upcoming exams.

She sighed, "still thinking about her?"

"I... i just miss her,"

"I know you miss her terribly, but there's nothing we can do about it; Miko, you have to go on; you can't keep on to the hope that she'll return," she said.

It's not that Kokomi is wrong, but I need to go on and forget about her; I can't let her make me this way, and I can't let Ei simply stay on my mind and tire me out just thinking about her.

"Don't worry about it; let's just keep studying for the upcoming exams,"

I can do it, I can let go of her... as well as my hidden feelings.