CHAPTER 9

Ei's POV

"I genuinely have no idea what to do with dates,"

"Well, I suggest you do some research, google is there for a reason," Makoto chuckled.

"Makoto," I grumbled. "Do you really think Google can help me?" I scoffed.

"It's your only help, and you'll be meeting her in 30 minutes," she explained.

I sighed and hung off the phone with my sister. I honestly don't know what to do on dates! I'm so fucked, what if she's not having a good time? What if she hates it?

Panicking isn't going to help me right now, so let's just search it up.

Hmm.... try a new restaurant? Not bad.

Play tourist in my own town? It's not a stupid idea, however... My house is just too dark and gloomy for her to have fun.

Go on a picnic.

Well, having a picnic isn't such a bad idea when the weather is nice and there's no chance of rain. My plan currently is to go on a picnic. Okay, let's look up what we'll need for picnics and go shopping. I hope this all goes well.

Miko's POV

"So you're saying she returned and she explained her side to you and now she's inviting you to go on a date?" Kokomi said.

"Not exactly a date, she just invited me to hang out," I said.

"Same thing, it's like she's inviting you to a date too,"  

"I told you it wouldn't be like that," I sighed. Kokomi is obstinate as usual.

"And I'm telling you, it is, because who knows what goes on in that vampire's head," she remarked. "Just say the word, and I'll read her mind,"

"Did you forget she's the daughter of Count Dracula? We'll be dead before we know it," I scoffed. 

"Oh, right," she scoffed. "I'll simply agree with you that you're not going on a date," she says.

This stubborn witch. There's nothing else, I'm done with her, these feelings... Ei will be unaware of this.

Ei messaged me earlier, when I was on the phone with Kokomi. She said we should go to the park as we did yesterday. We're simply going to hang out; we're not going on a date.

*

I got at the park before her and am now waiting on the bench. It was wonderful to watch children running around and laughing carelessly. This children had no idea that the world was considerably worse than they imagined.

Ei approached me from a distance, carrying a...picnic basket? So a picnic is her idea of hanging out How adorable. Wait, what? No.

"Was I late?"

"No, I just arrived here more earlier," I said.

She gave me her sweet smile, which I much missed. "Well, I'm sure you're hungry," she added as she laid out the picnic blanket and basket. It was so full of appetizers, sweets, and snacks that I'm not sure we'll be able to eat it all.

She gave me a sandwich that was too huge for my mouth but so delicious, and there was also fried tofu in the basket, which was my favorite. Is she aware of it?

"I asked Kokomi what your favorite food was, and she said fried tofu, so... please enjoy it," she added as she smiled and handed me some juice. This is so... That was thoughtful of her.

"Just to let you know," I said. "Don't think I'm still mad at you because I've already forgiven you."

"I know," she said, "but I just want to make up for the time we missed." "I missed... so much things," she continued. "And now I'm back, I just want to.... spend some time with you, which may seem selfish and stupid, but this is me speaking honestly,"

I laughed at her because she was sweet and adorable. "Oh, Ei, just admit you missed me terribly,"

"I did... I missed you terribly," she said. "a lot more than you think,"

That caught me off-guard.

"A-ah, is that so?" I said, trying to keep my cool. "I missed you a little, too," I said.

A little my ass. I, too, missed her terribly.

She smiled, "glad to know that you missed me too,"

"Say, do you want to go.... someplace else far away from here?" she said. "I promise you that this trip will not harm you, and I promised your mother that I will protect you with my own life,"

"Where are we going?" 

"A trip to my homeland, where I've lived for 500 years," she said.

I choked on my food when she said that. "H-hey," she stammered as she rubbed my back and handed me the drink.

"T-that surprised me," I said. "What prompted you decide to show me your house? Isn't it meant to be kept hidden from everyone?"

"Well, if it's you, then it's fine; after all, I trust you," she smiled. Why is she so adorable when she smiles like that?

"It's fine with me, but... is it really okay? Isn't it going to get you in trouble?"

"Don't worry, I'll handle things,"

"Then it's not okay,"

"I promise to you, it's fine," she said with a chuckle. "There are only some vampires there who take care of the house," she explained. "What I mean by I'll manage things is that I'll handle them when they can't control themselves."

"Is this really a good idea,"

"I-if you only want to, Miko; if you don't, just say so."

"I do want to know everything about you," I said.

That just slipped out of my mouth.

"I-I mean, I've always been intrigued about... Dracula's home," I said.

"Hmm? Is that truly the reason?" she teased.

"What do you think?" I teased back. I moved closer to her, "who knows, I might just be interested in you... or not," I said and moved back and innocently continued eating. I glanced at her and, damn, she's so freaking cute when she's blushing!

No one can beats me when it comes to teasing.

"A-ah, we can go tomorrow or whenever you're free," she said.

"I'm available today; we can leave right now if you like," I said. I'll just text Mom that I'll be sleeping over at Kokomi. It will work because they have such trust in the High Priestess' daughter.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Yes, I'll handle my parents, it's just a piece of cake," I said.

She laughed, "Well, if it's Miko, I'm sure everything is a piece of cake," 

And I swear to any gods out there, her laugh was so fucking sexy.

A/N:

I'm sorry for being inactive T-T I was just having some personal problems and with my girlfriend but it's now fixed ^^

Ah, by the way! I'm sure you guys saw the trailer! The harbingers, hot damn, they are so sexy! And we have another ship: Arlecchino x Columbina, I'm so invested with them! I might create a one shot about them, I'll update you guys!