Wanted Some Happiness

*****NORMAL POV*****

I woke up laying on a bed in the medical wing in the compound. I looked down at my body and I was still in my suit from the mission, but I wasn't bloody or anything. I knew I got seriously hurt on the last mission and was so close to death. I don't know how I got saved or who even saved me. I was alone in the medical wing, so I got up, making sure I was steady on my legs and started to leave the medical ward. As I walked out of the room I was met by Steve and Tony bringing in an injured Hulk.

"Andie?!" Steve asked in shock. I smiled seeing Steve. I rushed up to him and hugged him. He didn't hug back though and I just looked at him as I pulled away.

"Steve? What's wrong?" I asked and then I looked at his face, he looked older...different.

"Andie?!" Tony then said and I looked at them both confused.

"I'm going to take Bruce in to get looked at." Tony said and walked in with Bruce. Steve looked at me confused.

"How are you here?" Steve asked and I huffed a laugh.

"I guess my injuries weren't as bad as we thought. I woke up lying in the bed in there." I said. "By the way thanks for staying vigil by my bedside." I added with a laugh.

"I couldn't stay vigil by your side Andie, you've been gone for 9 years!" Steve said.

"Gone?! Steve, I've been here! 9 years?! What the hell are you talking about?!" I asked so confused.

"Andie! You died! Your last mission on the ship killed you! You died in my arms! That was 9 years ago!" Steve yelled and I stood in shock.

"Steve..." I said and was taken aback losing all feeling in my legs. I went to fall but Steve caught me.

"Come on, let's go sit." Steve said, picked me up and carrying me to the couch in the sitting room. Once he sat me on the couch, he sat next to me and I just sat there unsure of what the hell was going on.

"Talk to me Andie..." Steve said and I just shook my head slightly.

"You say I have been gone 9 years...it feels like I was just taken off the jet yesterday after the mission. I would say you were playing a sick joke but you look older, so did Tony. And Bruce...Hulk...what is he now? What is going on Steve?" I asked confused. Steve sighed and then went on to explain about everything that happened since I died. He explained how he got out of the life for a while and built a house near Laura and Clint but this final battle with Thanos 5 years ago brought him back but how they lost and half the planet disappeared and they had spent 5 years trying to get everyone back. They finally figured it out and that's what just happened and everyone they lost was back.

"But if it really has been 9 years and I was dead...how am I back?" I asked confused.

"I think I can help with that..." I heard Bruce's voice say but saw him big like the Hulk and it was still a shock to me.

"Bruce?" Steve asked as he walked into the sitting room where we were.

"Before I put the gauntlet on I was thinking about Andie and Nat and hoping there was a way I could bring them back. Nat was only gone a couple days and Andie being gone for years I didn't think it was possible. I didn't know it would work." Bruce said and Steve sighed.

"Bruce..." Steve started to say and he shook his head.

"Steve, you and the kids have been missing Andie so much that it pains me that they were losing everyone. I just wanted some happiness again." Bruce said. I gasped.

"The twins! Steve! Oh my god I can't believe I forgot about the twins." I said and Steve sighed and pulled out his phone and showed me a picture of them. I instantly got tears in my eyes and started crying.

"Oh my god they are so grown up now." I said in shock and Steve nodded.

"They are, they miss you like crazy." Steve said and I shook my head.

"They probably don't even remember me. I'm a ghost to them." I said and Steve sighed.

"We kept your memory alive to them Andie." I heard a voice say and I looked and saw Clint walk in. I rushed over to him and hugged him. He accepted me in a hug more than Steve did. He just held on and when we broke apart, he cupped my face looking me over.

"It's so good to see you." Clint said and I smiled. I then saw Nat standing next to him and she looked like she had seen a ghost.

"Too weird for you?" I asked and she nodded.

"I watched you die." She said and I nodded looking at the ground.

"Hey, so this is where everyone came." A guy I didn't know said as he walked into the room with someone I did know.

"Who are you?" The guy asked me and I looked at Bucky standing there with him.

"Andie?" Bucky asked and I smiled.

"Hey Bucky." I said and he rushed me and hugged me.

"Wait...Andie...Steve's Andie. The Andie that died about 10 years ago?" the guys asked. Nat smacked his arm.

"Really Sam?" Nat said and he shrugged.

"What?! I'm just asking." Sam asked. Bucky and I broke apart, I looked at Sam.

"Andie Rogers, nice to meet you." I said sticking my hand out to shake his hand.

"Sam Wilson." He accepted my hand. I sighed and then turned to everyone.

"Listen, I know this is a lot for all of you seeing me. I see the look all of you are giving me, even my own husband. It feels like it's been a day for me and you all tell me it's been 9 years. I'm being looked at like I'm a ghost and if it's easier for everyone, I can continue to be that, I can go. We don't have to act like I came back and I just leave." I said and everyone was silent and wouldn't make eye contact, especially Steve. "Okay, I'll go. I'm going to find something to change into and then I'll go." I said and walked out of the sitting room.