House Hunting & Surprises

A few weeks later Steve, the kids and I had been looking at houses all day and there was something wrong with every single one in someone's eyes. I was starting to regret this being a family decision. Steve and I sighed as we were parked in front of the last house we looked at discussion what next house we should look at.

"What about that one?" Clara said coming from the backseat looking over our shoulder and pointed to one on my phone. I sighed knowing we had passed it up a few times while looking at listings.

"I think it's too much Clara. I mean it's just the 4 of us and there are 6 bedrooms." I said and Steve looked at me.

"But if we expand the family..." Steve said and I sighed knowing he had a point.

"You guys like this one?" I asked and they both nodded. Steve looked up and smiled showing me a picture so the kids couldn't see, I smiled at him and nodded.

"It's having an open house...lets go." I said and Steve drove us to the house. Once we go there the real estate agent came walking out and smiled seeing us. It was clear she could tell who Steve was.

"Hi! Welcome!" She said excited.

"Hi. I'm Steve, my wife Andie and out twins Connor and Clara." Steve said and we shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you I'm Gina, the relator for the house."

We all walked into the house and Gina was showing up around and so far everything was seeming to be perfect. She took us upstairs and the kids had already picked out their rooms and I smiled.

"The master suite is downstairs." She said and took us downstairs to a set of double doors and opened then up. The room was huge and I smiled at Steve.

"There is a master bathroom with jacuzzi tub, and a shower. Huge walk-in closet..." She said showing us around and I smiled at Steve and he gave a small nod as did I.

"I'll go get the kids, show them the backyard...you talk to her?" I asked and Steve nodded. I walked upstairs and found the kids in the rooms they picked.

"Hey, your dad is talking to the agent for a few minutes, why don't we go look at the backyard?" I asked and they nodded as we walked down the stairs and outside. They kids instantly screamed when they saw the inground pool that had a slide.

"Mom!! This is awesome!" Connor yelled and I smiled and looked at Clara.

"What do you think?" I asked and she smiled and hugged me.

"Can we please get this house?" Clara asked and I sighed.

"Dad is talking to the relator so we will see." I said and she smiled.

🔴⚪🔵🔴⚪🔵

We had been moved into the house for 2 weeks and everything was falling into place. The kids were enjoying the last of the summer in the pool while Steve was out getting dinner. I felt sick as I at outside with the kids and I ran inside. I barely made it to my bathroom. As I was getting sick I felt a hand on my back and it was Clara.

"Hey." I said to her once I was finished and she looked at me.

"You okay mom?" Clara asked and I nodded and smiled at her.

"I am. Uh, can you tell your brother I said it's time to get out of the pool and get dressed for when dad gets home?" I asked and she nodded. She kissed my cheek and walked out of the bathroom. I groaned and reached under the sink and grab something no one knew I bought a few days ago.

🔴⚪🔵🔴⚪🔵

The kids were sitting in the living room watching TV when Steve walked in the door and he told them to go to the kitchen table to eat.

"They can eat in there, they started a movie." I said and Steve nodded setting the pizza down on the coffee table.

"Hey, can you come upstairs with me really quick?" I asked Steve and he nodded. Once we were upstairs I took him into the spare room at the top of the steps.

"What's going on?" Steve asked as I shut the door.

"What do you think about this room for the nursery?" I asked and Steve just looked at me confused.

"I mean yeah, it would be perfect but we have time to discuss it." Steve said and I huffed a laugh and pulled the test of out of my back pocket and handed it to Steve.

"Really?!" Steve asked excited and I nodded and he wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me. He then passionately kissed me and I moaned in the kiss.

"You tell the kids yet?" Steve asked and I shook my head.

"No, I wanted to tell you first. I also wanted to talk to you about something else..." I said and Steve just looked at me.

"We aren't moving again..." Steve said and I laughed and I shook my head.

"No, after you pass the shield...let's renew our vows..." I said and Steve smiled.

"I think that's an amazing idea." Steve said and I smiled and he leaned in and passionately kissed me.

"Can we please tell the kids?" Steve asked as we broke apart and I knew he was excited.

"Let's go." I said as we walked downstairs hand in hand.