Been Too Long

I was in Nat's old room in the compound and was grabbing some clothes. I knew she wouldn't mind. I went into mine and Steve's old room and decided to take a shower before I left. Once I left the bathroom, I saw Steve sitting on the edge of the bed. He was changed out of his Captain America uniform. He saw me come walking out in a towel.

"Oh hey." I said and then grabbed the clothes I was planning on wearing.

"So, you are leaving, for real?" Steve asked.

"No one but Clint and Bucky seem to be happy that I'm back so why stay?" I said and Steve sighed.

"Andie, I need you to understand my feelings right now." Steve said and I huffed a laugh.

"You think this isn't weird for me Steve?! You say I was dead for 9 years and life has moved on but here I am still stuck back there where my babies should only be a year old but they are what....10? They don't know me, you don't know me! I hugged you downstairs and you couldn't even hug me back. Clint cared more than you did. I don't want to leave, I would love to work on this and figure shit out but the way you are acting, the way everyone is acting I will just go." I said and I started to get dressed. Steve just looked at the floor and sighed.

"Andie, you don't know how bad I wanted you back and how I would give anything to have you here and be a family again." Steve said.

"But...?" I asked.

"But it's been too long. This is something that I wished for right after it happened..." Steve said and sighed.

"Too long for you, not for me Steve! So even though you wanted me back now it's too late? We can't work through this?" I asked and Steve hung his head. I looked at him and saw he still wore his wedding band. "Likes like you haven't fully given up." I said pointing. I grabbed the few clothes I had from Nat's room and put them in a bag. I took my wedding set off I still had on and placed it on Steve's desk. I walked out of the bedroom and headed back downstairs.

"Where will you go?" Clint asked, I shrugged.

"Not sure. Laura will look at me like everyone else is." I said and I looked at Bruce who looked upset. I walked over to him and huffed a laugh.

"Hey, thanks for bringing me back." I said and he smiled.

"I just thought everything would be different." Bruce said and I placed my hand on his unhurt arm.

"Yeah, I did too." I said and he smiled. Tony walked up to me.

"Listen, here, take these keys. It's to a cabin that my wife, daughter and I go to sometimes. Stay there as long as you need." Tony said and handed me the keys.

"Thanks Tony. I don't know where it is though." I said and he smiled.

"The car you are taking has a GPS and it will tell you where to go." Tony said and I nodded.

"Thanks." I said. I went to leave and I saw everyone watching me. I just looked at Clint.

"I'll talk to Laura and ease her into this. We will be by in a few days." Clint said and I nodded. I looked at Steve.

"Kiss the kids for me." I said and he nodded not making eye contact. I walked out and Bucky looked at Steve as well as Clint.

*****COMPOUND POV*****

"You are just going to let her leave?" Bucky asked.

"You let her go to the cabin? Aren't Pepper and the kids there?" Steve asked ignoring Bucky.

"They are on their way here. By the time she gets there they will be long gone and here most likely." Tony said.

"Steve! You let your wife walk out the door. The wife you have been missing horribly for 9 years. What the hell?!" Bucky asked and Steve groaned.

"I'm sorry I know everyone wanted us to have this amazing reunion and be together, but things are different now, I'm different now. The kids don't know her...I don't know her." Steve said and everyone groaned.

"She's who she is when she died Steve! She hasn't changed!" Clint said. He shook his head when Steve didn't say anything.

"I'm going home to Laura and the kids." Clint said and Tony nodded. Clint looked at Nat.

"You coming with me?" He asked and she shook her head.

"No...even though I was in shock I think Andie is going to need someone soon." Nat said and he nodded.

"Come by soon yeah?" Clint said and she nodded. Clint then looked Steve.

"Laura is going to be pissed when she finds out how you acted. She trusted you with her sister's heart. You need to figure this out." Clint said and walked out of the compound.

"Is everyone here mad at me?" Steve asked and no one answered him. "Okay then." Steve said and headed back up to his room. He groaned when he walked in because he smelled her bodywash that she must have borrow from Nat's room as well. I saw her wedding set sitting by the wedding picture and I sighed. I never thought I would have her back and I did but I lost her again.

*****NORMAL POV*****

After about an hour of driving I pulled up to Tony's cabin and I smiled once I got inside. It was nice little place, perfect for Tony and his wife and daughter....wow, Tony with a kid. I picked a room to stay in and I started walking around the cabin looking at the pictures and I saw Tonys family and daughter and I smiled. I then saw a picture of Clara and Connor framed on his bookshelf. I grabbed the picture and went to sit on the couch looking at it. I finally broke down in tears and started sobbing clutching the frame to my chest.