Reunited

I just stood there and looked at this man who just said my name...my husband, my life partner, my forever, my everything...a stranger.

"I think we should talk." Steve said and I nodded.

"I can make us some dinner." I said and he shook his head.

"I already ate with the kids." Steve said and I gave a slight nod and looked at the ground.

"Right...the kids." I said and walked towards him.

"Let's head inside." I said and Steve nodded as I walked in front of him and we walked into the house.

"Want anything to drink?" I asked and Steve nodded and I got us both some lemonade. We sat in the living room and we sat on opposite ends of the couch.

"I don't know where to start." Steve said looking at his hands and spinning his wedding band on his finger.

"You need to though Steve because I know what you expect me to say." I said.

"I missed you, I missed you with ever fiber of my being." Steve started off saying and I just looked at him. "I did everything I could think of to try and get you back when I lost you. I couldn't lose you, I hated losing you. I was thrust into a life without you on the jet. I left the compound, built the house by Laura and Clint and had a life." Steve said and I was listening to him.

"Did you date?" I asked and he sighed.

"I tried, never felt right. I only wanted you. I finally came to the realization as the twins got older that it was just meant to be me with them and the Barton family. Then the blip happened, Laura and the kids were taken from Clint in the blink of an eye. I mean we were on our way to their house to have a cookout. When the blip happened, I didn't just lose Laura and her kids, I lost Bucky, Sam and a few people you haven't met. I had Nat and Tony still to help get through and the kids but then when we went on a mission to get in the infinity stones back to get everyone back Nat sacrificed herself to get one of the stones and Clint had to watch her do it." Steve said and I just sat in shock.

"Steve..." I said and he took my hands, it was then I realized how close I had moved to him to comfort him.

"When we went to get everyone back I prayed to you for help on getting everyone back. I knew in whatever afterlife you were in you were most likely partying with Bucky and Nat. I was asking you to send back who you could. We needed some of the family back. I should have known you would have fought to get your way back to us." Steve said and we both gave a small laugh. "Andie, when I saw you standing there in the compound, I didn't know how to act. It had been 9 years and you hadn't changed, you were just how I lost you, still as gorgeous as ever and my heart stopped." Steve continued. I blushed and looked down at our hands together.

"When I saw the way you looked at me like I was a ghost, it hurt. I never understood why, I mean I do now but at the time I didn't. Then everyone seemed to accept it better than you. All I wanted was you to understand Steve. I knew we wouldn't fall into our old ways again but I thought something would be there, anything. I was so worried you had moved on and just didn't know how to tell me but when I saw you still wore the wedding band I gave you and had our wedding picture was still up in the room I knew you hadn't." I said and looked at Steve who was looking at me.

"I could never move on Andie, you were the one and only for me." Steve said and I gave him a small smile. He took a hand from mine that was holding his and he placed a hand on my cheek.

"God, I have missed you." Steve said and I leaned into his touch. As I closed my eyes leaning into his touch I soon felt his lips touching mine and I sighed into his kiss. Steve put his other hand around my waist and pulled me closer to him and I moaned. It was like he didn't miss a step. I moved to straddle him on his lap which was always my go to move to win when we would make out. As we continued to make out Steve moved his lips down to my neck and I started grinding on him and he groaned.