chapter 7

(The rest of this story is going to be in kalyns POV)

I sat crossed legged on my bed next to Kelsey. "How was the kiss, did you feel sparks?" Kelsey said extremely enthusiastic. I blushed, "I felt more than just sparks I'll tell you that. The date was just amazing in general, Joey is such the romantic and I wish I could do that all over again." I said dreamily as I thought of how going in multiple dates would be. "Trust me you'll be going on tons more dates. Caleb said that joey wouldn't shut up about you in the studio today. He really likes you Kalyn." Kelsey said as she rested her hand on my knee. "But I've been through hell and back and the choices I made.... He just deserves someone without all this baggage." I said biting my lip, I still felt unworthy even after everything that Joey has done for me. "He knows what you've been through and he's willing to put it all behind, when me and Caleb or any of the others tried to set him up with a girl he said he was already waiting for one. When we got to meet you, the sparkle in his eyes told us that you were the one. Trust me on this Kalyn, he truly loves you." She said with a smile. I gave her a nod. "Wanna go make cookies then watch a sappy movie?" I asked. She nodded, "when don't I want to bake and cry." she laughed out as I giggled and walked down stairs as we pulled out the ingredients for the cookies. The flour dropped as I was placing it in the bowl getting all over Kesley. She laughed then picked up a hand full from the counter and sprinkled it all over my head. Within seconds full fledged war had started between me and Kelsey. Flour covered the floor, counters, cabinets, and of course ourselves within minutes. Our laughter and humor filled screams filled the kitchen.

"What in the world happend here?!?" Joey shouted causing me and Kelsey to freeze as we watched Joey and Caleb's eyes trail the kitchen following the flour dust markings everywhere. Me and Kelsey gave each other a devilish look before grabbing a handful of flour each and throwing it all over Caleb and Joey. They looked at each other in shock. Caleb's face grew a devilish look as he leaned over and whispered in Joey's ear. They both smirked and grabbed a handful of flour and hurdled it at both me and Kelsey. This started a full fledge was. Within 15 minutes we completely ran out of floor. The white powdery substance completely covered the kitchen. The cabinets, floor, counters, everything. We all just ended up looking at each other and laughing since we resembled ghosts. "I think this deserves to be on Snapchat." Caleb said pointing to all our clothes. We took one selfie of all of us doing funny faces, the next one me and Kelsey kissing Joey and Caleb's faces causing them both to blush making me and Kels giggle. "Well since the kitchens a mess why not just have smores outside." I suggested. Joey and Caleb both hugged each other excitedly shouting "yasssss!!" And jumped up and down causing me and Kelsey to roll our eyes and laugh as we grabbed pillows and blankets and stuff for the smores as Joey grabbed his guitar and Caleb texted everyone to come.
We finally got the fire started. By now the sun had mostly set and stars had begun to illuminate the sky. I sat next to Joey curled up in a blanket while he stummed his guitar and hummed a few tunes. Caleb and Kelsey were seated across from us. Kelsey had her arm around Caleb's as she leaned her head into his shoulder. Caleb kissed Kelsey's head and she smiled. I looked at Joey and realized he had been looking at me the same way caleb had towards Kelsey, in that moment I felt even more lucky to have him. I smiled and watched Joey concentrate on his guitar. He must of seen me staring, "any song requests beautiful?" He asked with a smile. "Hmm, I remember you singing 'fly me to the moon' one time soo how about that one." I said with a smile as I turned my body so I was facing Joey as he smiled and began playing. I leaned my head on my hand as I watched him endearingly. I loved watching Joey play, he had so much passion it captivated you. Joey played with perfection and every time he would look up from his guitar and see me smiling he would smile even more.
"How was that?!" Joey asked with a smile as he finished his song. "Amazing! " I said as I hugged him closer earning a kiss on the head as he put his guitar down and hugged me closer. "I think your kitchen exploded!" We heard Chad laugh as we all looked behind us and saw Chad walking hand in hand with Fallon. We all waved and laughed as they sat down. "Alan and brycie will be here in 10 minutes." Fallon said as she was looking at her phone that beeped. We all nodded and talked until they got here.
"Hey guys! We couldn't find a sitter so we just brought the girls if that's ok?" Alan said as we turned around again to see alan and brycie both holding kids with AJ trailing closely behind. "We brought toys so they will stay a little quiet, no promises though." Brycie laughed as they walked over and Alan put Presley down and gave brycie the toy bag which she set up with a blanket near the fire but a little away so that they wouldn't be too bothersome. As both parents took care of that AJ walked over to me and held her tiny hand out, "Hi, my names AJ what's yours?" She said with a toothy grin. I smiled and shook her hand carefully, "my names Kalyn, nice to meet you." I said. She smiled big and looked towards Joey, "is she your girlfriend uncle joey?" She said as she walked towards Joey and climbed into his lap as he gave her a hug and peck on the cheek. "Yes she is miss AJ." Joey said with a smile as he looked at me with a big smile. AJ then tapped on Joey's shoulder, "I gotta tell you a secret." She said with a smile. Joey leaned his head down and she whispered in his ear. Joey smiled and blushed a tiny bit. AJ leaned back and held out her pinky, "promise not to tell?" She said. Joey linked his pinky, "I promise." Joey said. "AJ come play with your sister." Alan called as he stood near the blanket with Presley sorting her coloring books with battery operated lanterns spead on the blanket. "Got to go by uncle joey and aunt Kalyn." AJ said as she hopped out of joeys lap and waved as she ran to the blanket. We waved back and laughed. Brycie sat down and looked at me and said, "I see you've made friends with our social little butterfly." I smiled, "it's pretty easy with a person as loving as she is." I said watching her play. "Its really a blessing to have you here, a missing piece of Joey's puzzle that was finnaly found." She said. "I smiled, the real blessing is how you guys saved me from the path I was going down, for that I thank you." I said with a smile. Brycie smiled back.
The night was filled with laughs, jokes, and stories. One of the best nights of my life. We ended the night with the boys singing "amnesia" and me falling asleep on joeys shoulder as he played guitar.
I soon felt myself being picked up. "Joey...." Was all I could let out of my mouth exhaustion had taken over. "Your safe Kalyn, go to sleep." Joey said as he carried me up the stairs wrapped in a blanket and placed me on my bed. "Don't leave me Joe, please." I pleaded in a whisper. "As you wish and please try to get some sleep now beautiful." Joey said with a chuckle as he kissed the top of my head and pulled me into his chest and I fell into peaceful dreams for once.