One

Damon and Candice shared a look shock. Caroline was on the verge of dying. "I'll take you..."

"Damon." He looked at her. "I don't regret that kiss."

Damon smiled as he put his arm around her as he walked her to the car. Candice was worried causing Damon to stop and get her to look at him. "Candice, if you want me to, I will give her blood."

"What about another vampire discovering that she has vampire blood?"

"I hope no one finds out because your sister..."

"Don't belittle my sister till we know for sure." Candice tells him kissing his cheek. "I can't lose my sister."

"And you won't."
~~~
Arriving at the hospital, Damon watched Candice run to Matt who hugged her. Bonnie walked over with Elena knowing what they need to ask of him. "Damon, we know you love Candice, but we need you to help Caroline."

"For Candice." Bonnie says. "I've talked to Elena and she thinks you are our only choice. I don't know that type of spell yet so you are our only hope."

"If Candice asks me then I will."

Bonnie and Elena looked at each other knowing that Damon was respecting whatever Candice wanted. The blonde walked over in tears and hugged Damon. "I need your help, Damon." She says. "She's going to die if we don't do something."

"I'll do it. Only for you."

Candice smiled as she kissed his cheek before walking away. Elena looked at Bonnie who also held a disgusting look. "Does Candice have feelings..."

"Yep and she's going to do everything she can to fight them." Elena says smiling. "Damon, you can see he loves her too, but he is going to watch and see how long till Candice Forbes confesses her feelings."
~~~
Arriving at the Gilbert household, Candice sat in the living room as Elena and Stefan ran to check on Jeremy. Damon walked in as well. "We need to talk."

"Damon, can we talk about this later because something doesn't sound right. If Katherine is here, we need to figure out what brought her out of hiding and what does she want."

Damon nodded as the blonde hugged Elena after she walked down telling them that Jeremy was okay. "Katherine was here." Elena tells them. "She told Stefan that she saw something very interesting."

"What did she see?" Stefan asked them.

Damon looked at Candice who was doing everything to avoid this conversation. "We kissed." He says. "Well more like we made out."

Candice punched him in the chest before looking at them. "Why is she back?"

"We don't know." Stefan tells her. "But we will figure it out."

"Well, while you do that, I'm going to be with my sister till she wakes up. So keep me posted."

Damon watched her leave as he knew they needed to talk, but right now, she's stressed over her sister and he wasn't going to pressure her. He will let her sort her feelings out for him even though he knew she loves him just like he loves her.