Four

Candice sat at the grill thinking about how Katherine was back, but she wanted to ask the bitch one question. Why her sister? Why turn Caroline? She just wanted to know why she targeted her sister. Damon saw her and walked over. "So, I compelled Jenna to throw a BBQ."

"Does this have anything to do with Mason Lockwood?"

"We need answers, Candice."

The blonde sighed. "Don't you think this is all to weird. First, Katherine is back and now we have Mason. You don't think they are working together to get something."

"What are they looking for?'

"The moonstone." She says. "Tyler texted me asking me to help him find it. I told him that if it's hidden then there is a reason for it to be hidden."

"Tyler?"

"We're just friends. Have been since I found out how the Mayor was with him." Damon nodded. "So what is your plan?"

"I want to prove that he is a werewolf."

Candice nodded. "And where do I come in?"

"Just be there as my date."

The blonde gave him a look as he left. She groaned as her sister walked over. "One of these days, I may kill him."

"No you won't."
~~~
Later that day, Candice ended up bringing food and drinks to the party that Damon had Jenna hosting. She knew Jenna didn't like him since Elena blabbed about him loving Candice. "Why did you tell your aunt about him being in love with me again?'

"Because she thought he liked me when I told her no. I don't even like him." She says. "As a friend, but that is how far that goes."

"Why me? I don't even know what love is. Never really dated much."

Elena put her arms around her best friend. "You know that deep down inside that you do have feelings for him, even if you do fight it. I know. I see it." She says smiling. "I told Stefan that I don't want to turn, but I know you do because of Caroline."

"I can't leave my sister behind."

"I know and you want to know the reason why he fell in love with you." Candice nodded. "You're strong-willed. You're brave and not once have you feared from them like I did. There are times that I'm scared of them still."

"Elena, how do you know when your in love?"

Elena actually asked her mom that once and all she got was this. "You'll never know till it happens." She tells her friend not knowing Damon was watching them. "You'll find out your in love without even knowing it."

"Thanks, Caroline." Elena laughed. "So, when do we eat?"

Elena shook her head at Candice Forbes. The girl may be confused, but Elena knows that Candice will do everything to distract herself from this talk. She saw Damon walking over to Candice and shook her head. "She doesn't see it." Caroline says.

"Nope."
~~~
Hours later, Candice looked around the house for her sister and friend. "Where's Elena and Caroline?"

"I don't know." Damon says as he put his hand on her back. "I was right."

"Damon, you are playing with fire." She tells him. "Stop before you get hurt." Candice grabbed her jacket and looked at him. "Before I lose you and I can't lose you."

Damon watched as she left causing Alaric to stand beside him. "Listen to her. She loves you even though she doesn't see it." He says. "Do you want to hurt her with your own death?"

"No." He says. "But we need answers."

"Then let me help before Candice gets hurt."

Damon nodded as he didn't want to lose Candice or her getting harmed. He was only doing this to keep her safe.