Nineteen

She knew the day came for her to be sacrificed. Damon has been making sure she had blood in her system. Candice saw Elena and Stefan talking as she walked away. She was going to go spend time with her mom and sister.

"Candice?"

The blonde looked at her friend. "Today, I want to go home and be with my sister and mother." She says. "I know for a fact that I may die or I will wake up as a vampire. One way or another. I will spend today with them."

Elena watched her friend walk away causing her to feel bad. She knew Candice wasn't ready for this, but she knows, she will be a vampire after this.
~~~
"Is something wrong?" Liz asked her daughter.

"Mom, don't be scared, but tonight, I may be like Caroline."

"What do you mean?"

Candice took her mom's hand and started telling her everything. She knew Damon compelled her to forget, but she had to know that her other daughter and herself won't hurt people.
~~~
"You told her." Damon says as he got beside her.

"She had to know that here daughter was a vampire and the other one will be one when she dies in the hand of Klaus." She tells him. "I wanted her to know that I will still be the same daughter."

"You will. I'll make sure of it." Damon said. "Come on."

Seeing his hand, Candice took it and stood up just for him to pull her into his arms. She smiled as Damon started dancing with her. This man was the one she fell for, the one who is overprotective, and the one who is showing her the world.

"Damon?"

"Hmm."

"I love you."

Damon smiled as he got her to look at him. "I love you."
~~~
Later that day, Damon held Candice as she slept. She didn't want to do anything just to stay in his arms. "You know, I always wanted to be in the arms of someone I love and now... I'm where I want to be."

Damon laughed. "We have eternity."

"That we do." She says as she kissed him. "Damon, make sure your blood is still in my system."

Damon bit his wrist as Alaric arrived. He knew it won't be long till Candice is turned. Klaus will complete the ritual, but something was giving him a bad feeling. What was it? He doesn't know. Right now, this moment was more important then anything.
~~~
Later that day, Klaus saw Candice by herself. "You know, love, I got to thinking about something. I asked my witch and she told me something that was a little shocking."

Looking at him, the blonde glared. "What?"

"I don't need you, but in a way, I do. I need Elena to agree..."

"Why not me? She has a life..."

"Because you are the back up. I thought you would be needed, but you're not." He tells her. "You are the backup in case my plan doesn't work. At the same time, you are needed."

"For what?'

"To get Elena to agree."

Candice couldn't believe this. All this time, she was just a tool to get Elena. Then it clicked. "That's what happened to the original doppelganger. You killed her to get Katherine to do what you want, but in the end, you didn't get that ritual."

"You are one smart girl." He says. "Too bad. That you will die."

Candice went to say something, but was gone.
~~~
Damon was trying to reach her to tell her that Klaus had her sister and Tyler locked up. "Damnit. Klaus has her."
~~~
Elena saw Candice lying on the ground. "Is she..."

"She's alive, but not for long. Klaus is going to get what he wants one way or another."

"How?" She asked.

Candice raised up to see Jenna, Jules and Elena. "Oh no." She says as she ran to Elena. "What's happening?"

"Klaus tricked us all." She says with tears in her eyes. "I don't know what he wants."

Klaus grabbed Candice. "I do." He says. "Now, if any of you fight, she will die."

Elena watched as Klaus bit Candice's next causing her to cry out. Watching the blonde fall to the ground holding her neck, Elena looked at Jenna as she knew, her aunt was going to fight back. She looked at her best friend as she held her neck watching Klaus kill Jenna and Jules. He got in front of them. "Sorry, but..." he killed Candice.

"Candice!" She cried out. "Why?'

"Because she was part of the ritual. She had to die first."

Elena couldn't believe this, he tricked them once again. Now her friend was dead.
~~~
Damon looked at her as he waited for Candice to wake up. He had to let her know that he was dying. Gasping awake, Candice looked around to see the one man she loves. "Damon."