Fourteen

While Damon left to speak to Katherine causing Elijah to get a chance to speak to Candice, but seeing as she was talking to another woman, he didn't chance it. Alaric saw her as she looked at her phone. "Elena being away came in handy." She stated as Damon walked in. "Read." She tells Alaric.

Damon walked in and kissed her head. The blonde looked at him smiling. "Well, I know how to kill the Originals. Katherine told me."

"I think there is more to this, but Elena will tell us if she sees anymore." She tells them as she looked at Damon. "Don't do anything stupid till we know that no one is in danger."

"Stupid is more fun though."

Just the look on her face had Damon sighing as she was meant it. He nodded as he won't do anything till they know for sure. Alaric was confused because Damon would have jumped to do something without thinking, but it's like Candice knows whats up. "You know something."

"John Gilbert gave you the dagger and the ashes from the white oak tree. He knows something and that probably involves in you dying. He wants revenge for Isobel still."

Hearing her say that, John knew Candice Forbes was a smart girl. Very smart.
~~~
"Candice, what's going on between you and Damon?" Jenna asked. "I'm just worried."

"I'm okay for one, two, it's friends with benefits. I don't care how old he is, it's the idea of me making my own choices." She responds.

"Leave her be, Jenna. Candice is very mature at her age." Andi stated.

Before Candice got the chance to say anything, they heard a talking causing Candice to step out. She saw Elijah on the ground as Alaric took the dagger out. "I don't see how that will work." She said gaining the three man's attention. "I think the only way for that dagger to work is by leaving that in him."

As if on cue, Elijah woke up. He looked at the four. "She's right." He says as he left.

Damon looked at Candice who stood afraid. He walked over to her and hugged her as Alaric and John knew their chances of protecting people didn't work. Hearing the sound of a message being delivered had Alaric looking to see Elena telling him it had to stay in Elijah, but Candice figured it out before she did.

"I'll keep you safe. I promise."