Two

Candice was sitting in her room thinking about her sister. She hated that Damon was fooled by Katherine, but she doesn't even know her own feelings for Damon. Elena and Stefan knows about the kiss, but she told Damon the truth. She's never been in love and doesn't know what's happening between them. She liked the kiss, but she just wished to know her own feelings.

A knock was heard causing her to go see who it was. She opened the door to see her mom. "Mom, is everything okay?"

"Yes. I'm just worried about you."

"I'm fine. Just wish that Caroline was home." She says causing a tear to fall.

Liz hugged Candice as she cried. "I'm right here and your sister is fine."

"Mom, how do you know when you in love?"

That was a question Liz could never answer. Not even to her daughter.
~~~
Arriving at the hospital, Candice smile as she walked to her sister's room. "Caroline?"

"Candice?"

Candice smiled as she walked in. She noticed the blinds were closed causing her to worry. "Caroline, did something happen last night. You have the blinds closed."

"Candice, I'm fine." She tells her. "So, tell me how the carnival is looking."

"I can't." Candice tells her. "I didn't go there. I came to you."

Caroline nodded. "Well, you need to go there and deal with it. I don't want Elena ruining our carnival style." She says causing Candice to sigh as she stood up to leave. "And Candice, you need to tell Damon how you feel about him."

"I don't know what love is, Caroline." She says. "I'm learning though."

With that being said, Candice left her sister's room. She looked back at the room and knew something wasn't right. Grabbing her phone, the blonde called someone who might help her understand what could be wrong with her sister. "Damon, I need to meet up with you. There's something wrong with my sister."
~~~
"She had the blinds closed?"

"And she was acting so afraid. She didn't even let me hug her. It was like...she was afraid to hurt me." She tells him as they walked to the carnival. "Something is off."

They saw Caroline. "Caroline?"

"I remember everything."

"How can you remember everything unless..."

"Damon, she's a vampire." Candice says.

"I'm sorry, Candice, but she has to die."

Candice grabbed Damon causing Caroline to run free. "Please don't. If you really care for me, you wouldn't try to kill her."

"I care for you, but I'm not having her kill you. I'm trying to protect you. You know that. Right?"

Candice watched Damon leave causing her to run after him. She may have feelings for him, but she will go against him in a heart beat.
~~~
Finding her sister, Candice ran to her. "Let's go." She tells her.

Caroline cried as Elena came to help her friends. Candice heard Damon as Caroline freaked out over Elena. "Damon, don't!" She says. "Please."

"Candice..."

"Damon Salvatore, if you truly love me, you won't kill my sister." She says with tears in her eyes. "I don't care what Elena says about you or anyone, you were the only person who made me feel things I never felt before. Don't do this."

Damon looked at her as he dropped the stake. Candice smiled till Bonnie started setting him on fire causing Candice to run to him. "Stop it!"

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because he turned her...."

"No. You blabbed to Katherine. You begged him to give her blood so I can have my sister! You used his feelings towards me to get that done!" Candice said as the flames went away. "This is all your fault for once Bonnie Bennett. Learn to keep your mouth shut."

"Come on." Damon says. "You need a drink."

Candice didn't say anything as he picked her up and left. Bonnie couldn't believe what just happened. "Did she end her friendship with me?"

"I don't know." Elena says. "I really don't know."