Sixteen

Filler chapter
Candice wondered what Damon was doing with all that stuff. "Do I have to ask?" She asked.

Damon looked at her. "Nope." He says as he went back to work. "I think it's time for him to die."

The blonde shook her head as she believes that whatever Damon is doing won't work. "Elena went to speak to Isobel to see how she can keep me alive, but the question is, will whatever you are doing to 'kill' Elijah, will it work?"

Damon dropped what he had in his hands and went to Candice's side. The blonde looked up at him as Katherine stopped seeing the moment. "I don't know if it will work, baby, but I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe." He tells her moving her blonde hair. "Go upstairs and rest, I'll be with you in a few."

Candice nodded as she walked to the stairs and looked at him. "After you're done, how about we soak in a hot bath together?"

Damon looked at her. "You don't help."

The blonde laughed as she went upstairs. "You really love her." Damon turned to see Katherine. "I will help as she puts me to mind of Alana, but I'm only helping her. If you truly love her, find another way to keep her safe because like she said, will what you are doing to Elijah's body actually kill him?"

Damon didn't say a word as Katherine left. He looked at the stuff around him and decided that he can wait on it. He wanted Candice. He ran upstairs to see her standing in front of the window and walked over to her. She felt his arms go around her causing her to look at him. "How about that hot bath?"

Candice looked at him and kissed him. Damon picked her up and carried her to the bed as he knew what she wanted first and he was going to comply.