Ten

Candice had decided to take a nap at the Gilbert's. She didn't know that Jeremy, Bonnie and Elena was planning something. When she woke up, the blonde saw the moonstone and picked it up. "Elena?" She called out as she walked downstairs. "Jeremy! Can one of you explain why the moonstone isn't with Damon?"

She searched the house, but no sign of anyone. So, she decided to take it back to Damon. When she opened the door and try to walk out, Candice couldn't. She glared as soon as she saw Bonnie. "We can't let you leave."

'What is this? Do you guys really think that I'm going to do something to get myself into trouble?"

"Yes." Elena tells her. "Damon told us he doesn't want anything to happen to you."

"Damon can kiss my ass." She says walking to the couch. "I hate that you guys did this to me!"

"Sorry."

"Nope. Not listening."
~~~
Later that day, Damon arrived, but he couldn't get Candice to speak to him. "Candice, come on."

"You know good and well that I won't give myself over to Klaus. I'm not that stupid." She tells him as she showed the moonstone. "What's stupid is that I have to keep this with me when I don't want it. I'm already being targeted by Klaus, I don't need him to appear any faster."

"I'm doing this to keep you safe from him." He says taking the moonstone. "For once, let someone keep you safe."

"Okay." She says. "Just so you know, I'm not a damsel. I don't need saving like other people do. I can take care of myself."

Damon watched her go upstairs. He wished to tell her why he was being so overprotective, but he compelled his confession away. He wasn't going through that again.